Building AI to summarize a bunch of clippings

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, WishfulTrout68 said:

Would Evernote be able to add artificial intelligence to start summarizing a bunch of articles clipped to a one page summary.  It would be nice to draw out concensus or trends or key topics being discussed.

You can already do some part of this with Evernote and other AI products.  However AI is a language based application - it can't make effective value judgements on whether proposition A is better or worse than proposition B.  There are still a few jobs needing actual people to handle...

• Like 1

The Ai Cleanup tool is being worked on and will offer summarise, translate, fix grammar & change the tone of your note which I'm looking forward to.

Not sure when but at some point.

• Level 5*

IMHO AI is well overblown.  No matter how you qualify the output its the 'grey goo' of content,  and since so many people have leapt to adopt it and posted that content,  AI is already suffering from its own confirmation bias - it's going to get greyer and gooier. 

And AI can still be wrong - I'm still getting confident,  well laid out,  blatant lies from time to time...

I get that everyone wants a robot they can use to do all their work, but I'm with the Hollywood crowd - real people for real work!

• Like 2
  • Level 5
7 hours ago, gazumped said:

IMHO AI is well overblown.  No matter how you qualify the output its the 'grey goo' of content,  and since so many people have leapt to adopt it and posted that content,  AI is already suffering from its own confirmation bias - it's going to get greyer and gooier. 

And AI can still be wrong - I'n still getting confident,  well laid out,  blatant lies from time to time still...

I get that everyone wants a robot they can use to do all their work, but I'm with the Hollywood crowd - real people for real work!

+1. I recently read an article about people using AI to touch up their headshots for LinkedIn, etc. One nice-looking Asian woman used the service, and it turned her picture into an even nicer-looking white woman. With blue eyes. I will not trust this stuff to even remotely accurately summarize anything I actually need. Not saying it can't do it 9 times out of 10. But how will you detect the 10th time?