Urgent - notes lost + repeat notes (more than 50)

I used a template and typed a long set of notes. Now the note portion has disappeared (the template text still exists).

But even more harrowing, the note (without new content) has repeated more than 50 times, since writing 5 hours ago.

I need those notes! How/where to retrieve?

Notes taken on iPad OS version 16.6

synced with desktop (same problem)

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 5.30.52 PM.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you checked your account in another client (via Desktop or the web) to see if the parent copy of your account on the server has been affected?  The notes may exist there.  Otherwise it appears something has gone badly wrong with your connection to the network during your session with Evernote.  I'd recommend you contact Support for additional help.

These Forums are mainly user 2 user but subscribers can raise support queries here -  https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and all users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps - feedback options are available too feedback@evernote.com.

Have you reported this to support?  I suggest you do.  I have had a couple of isolated instances of this too.  But it's very isolated.  I think the team at Evernote needs as many examples of this as possible to help them find the proglem.

Vinnie

Same thing has just happened to me. All but first two paragraphs of a note I've been working on for last 24 hours is GONE! Note HISTORY is there, but only shows those first two paragraphs over about 10 saved history versions!

Never happened before. WHAT'S GOING ON????? It was as CRITICAL (and time-sensitive) note, now completely gone!!!

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you checked your account in another client (via Desktop or the web) to see if the parent copy of your account on the server has been affected?  The notes may exist there.  Otherwise it appears something has gone badly wrong with your connection to the network during your session with Evernote.  I'd recommend you contact Support for additional help.

These Forums are mainly user 2 user but subscribers can raise support queries here -  https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and all users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps - feedback options are available too feedback@evernote.com.

I have looked on iPhone, desktop and iPad - on mobile apps and online. all have around 50 of the template with new title and none of the notes. Please tell me how to contact support. 

2 hours ago, VincentC said:

Have you reported this to support?  I suggest you do.  I have had a couple of isolated instances of this too.  But it's very isolated.  I think the team at Evernote needs as many examples of this as possible to help them find the proglem.

Vinnie

how do i contact support?

32 minutes ago, Brad Friedman said:

Same thing has just happened to me. All but first two paragraphs of a note I've been working on for last 24 hours is GONE! Note HISTORY is there, but only shows those first two paragraphs over about 10 saved history versions!

Never happened before. WHAT'S GOING ON????? It was as CRITICAL (and time-sensitive) note, now completely gone!!!

@Brad Friedman As my journalist friend once said. walk away and do it from memory.  That’s what I just did (after apologizing to my prospective client that my notes would be late). You can do it. 

On the other hand now I cannot trust Evernote and may have to leave it. 

• Level 5
8 hours ago, Leni Schwendinger said:

how do i contact support?

Support on technical issues is subscribers only. If you want ideas here, we need to know your Plan and your client version.

Did you leave the note from time to time while editing ? On mobile the note is only in the RAM memory while you type. RAM is the most fluent memory type.

Only on exiting the note it is saved into the app memory (the flash memory on device), and  then synced with the server.

Sometimes a green triangle will show on the note tile in the note list. This means the note still needs to sync. The option to force a sync is in app settings.