Hi, for a little while now when creating a task in the Windows version, after entering the end date and time, when I click on the Create Task button, the new task window just remains on the screen. Most often, I need to click on the create task button numerous times before it will suddenly save the task. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like it's a bug and it's super annoying.

Cheers,

Pete

I am having this very same problem when I try to save a new task or even a change in the wording or date of the task on Windows for Evernote.  I'm relieved that I am not the only person who has encountered this problem.  I have been having this problem for several weeks now.  Could it be related to my number of tasks, 999?  Or the number of notes that I have in Evernote, 10,152?  My workaround has been to use Evernote for iOS on my iPhone or iPad when I make changes to tasks.  Thanks for your help.  Renner

• Like 1

I know this is the Windows specific discussion forum, but I have a similar issue on Mac Desktop when trying to make changes to a task due date or complete a task (especially seems to happen on recurring tasks). The task dialog will open, I'll make the change and click 'Save', but nothing happens. It sits there for upwards of 30 seconds before I give up and click cancel. 

I generally resort to using the web app for working with tasks -- I've never had a similar issue with the web app. So something about the Desktop versions of Evernote seems to have this issue with tasks for some reason in some cases. There are a few other threads that are similar to this.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

I know this is the Windows specific discussion forum, but I have a similar issue on Mac Desktop when trying to make changes to a task due date or complete a task (especially seems to happen on recurring tasks). The task dialog will open, I'll make the change and click 'Save', but nothing happens. It sits there for upwards of 30 seconds before I give up and click cancel. 

From time to time I have exactly the same issue on my Windows Desktop client. However, after canceling the new date was saved correctly.

• Like 2

Sometimes it will save for me on a cancel and sometimes not.

Also -- weird thing just now (unrelated to task freezing, but related to task problems) -- I had a recurring task set for 3 days from completion. I completed it today and it set the next due date as May 28, 2023 instead of August 28, 2023. Happened on both the Desktop and the Web version. I could manually set the due date to August 28, 2023 though ok on Web.

• Like 1
Last night, I was offered an update to the newest Evernote version, Evernote 10.61.3, which I accepted.  After that, I noted that saving a task following a change in the date or the text of a task was no longer freezing.  I also noted that going to the note associated with the task was no longer freezing.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

agsteele, thanks for your comment.  Now have Evernote version 10.61.4.  The problem of changes to tasks "freezing" when I try to save them still seems to be FIXED now more than 24 hours later.  I think this problem has been resolved.  I am very pleased with the outcome.  If something changes I will post it to this thread. 

• Like 2