Cannot Log in to Evernote Clipper Add-in on New Version of O365 Outlook

• 2 months later...

Got the same problem, but with a local Outlook and local Exchange server. Can't be an update to M365. I enter username and password and I'm redirected to the beginning, i.e., where I can enter the username, like Picogeek described it. What's weird: it's an Internet Explorer trying to do the login:

image.png.df9bff4b185a839f6193320e96acaddf.png

• Evernote Expert

The Outlook add-ins have been largely unsupported for sometime.  Microsoft have changed things more than once and Evernote hasn't been working to update things for several years.  I fear that Outlook changes mean things will just stop working - at least in the short term. I doubt that the version of the add-in on the Microsoft AppSource will have changed recently.

The Outlook Clipper add-in is built for Outlook 2016 (Mac and Windows), Outlook 2013 (Windows), Outlook 2010 (Windows), Outlook.com, and Office 365 with an email that is hosted on a Microsoft Exchange server.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005997-How-to-use-Evernote-for-Outlook

On 10/31/2023 at 5:29 PM, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  What URL are people getting the clipper from?

From AppSource, like agsteele pointed out. It's also the "oficial" way, I followed the instruction in the post from agsteele. It can be installed, but the login fails and I suspect it's because the Addin uses the WebView (not WebView2) which is IE based and the Evernote Servers do not accept this anymore. It would be nice to get an official response... Until recently, I had the old COM Addins working perfectly in Outlook, but the update uninstalled it.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, pietra said:

It would be nice to get an official response...

Yeah - that means Support and a bit of a wait I'm afraid.  Meantime it's still possible to forward emails to your Evernote account (if you're a subscriber) - I use BCC a lot.  Also copy & paste / drag & drop - I tend to keep .MSG files in notes so I can reopen them in Outlook if a response or a reminder is necessary...

Thank you, gazumped! I use the BCC option since decades, but it only works when I send mails. But of course I could "forward" incoming mails, but it's not the original mail then I got in Evernote. Copy-Paste did not work at all (it was better with Evernote 6 I think).

• Like 1
On 10/31/2023 at 5:56 PM, agsteele said:

The Outlook add-ins have been largely unsupported for sometime.  Microsoft have changed things more than once and Evernote hasn't been working to update things for several years.  I fear that Outlook changes mean things will just stop working - at least in the short term. I doubt that the version of the add-in on the Microsoft AppSource will have changed recently.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005997-How-to-use-Evernote-for-Outlook

Hello

I've been searching for a solution but couldn´t find one yet, hopefully you will help me wit this.

In a previous version, I had this add-in that allowed me to save any message to Evernote. Now, after an upgrade, there's no more add-in in Outlook and I still couldn't find a way of installing the add-in for Microsoft Outlook. I installed it for Office 365 (web version) but not for the Windows version.

I'm running Evernote 10.64.3-win-ddl-public and Microsoft Outlook for Microsoft 365 version 2310 Build 16. 0. 16924. 20054, on Windows 11.

Can you please help?

TIA 

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Please read the other comments in this forum thread.

Hi, I've read the other comments and I guess my question is still pertinent, because:

1) If the clipper is the solution, in this thread it's not clear where one get it from;

2) From the Microsoft AppSource  you get the add-in for Outlook on the Web, not Microsoft Outlook;

3) send messages using Bcc is not what I'm looking for;

I would appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction to get an Evernote add-in in MS Outlook (as I used to have before) or another way to do the job;

Your help is much appreciated

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, pietra said:

No contact from Evernote support (on any support tickets I got open). Since 4 months. Is there still an Evernote support out there?

They've been in process of re-organisation for several weeks now - hopefully to re-appear soon.  If you can list the ticket numbers and the issues here I can flag them for a Forum Admin to look at...

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

They've been in process of re-organisation for several weeks now - hopefully to re-appear soon.  If you can list the ticket numbers and the issues here I can flag them for a Forum Admin to look at...

#3776191 for the issue discussed here. I'm pretty sure it's because they (still) use IE. And another issue #3833971 which I had to reopen (it was closed without any comments). Original issue #3770728 which I submitted October 23, 2023...

I'm a heavy and paying Evernote user since 2008, but without a running support, I'll have to look for alternatives. What if I loose access to my notes tomorrow and there is nobody out there to help me?

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, pietra said:

and there is nobody out there to help me?

Barring a global catastrophe I suspect someone will always be here in the Forums,  but obviously there are payment and authorisation issues we can't help with.  I flagged your tickets for a Forum Admin - hope that helps...

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem (again). Entering email and password in the clipper within Outlook, and nothing happens. It was working fine just a few days ago, after having been broken for a while. Considering Evernote is PAID a fair amount of money each year for this service, can they not be bothered to address the issue and develop some minimal customer support?

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, ahward84 said:

can they not be bothered to address the issue and develop some minimal customer support?

There's no issue as far as most of us are concerned - my clipper has been working without a glitch for years in Chrome.  Have you tried restarting your device / a different browser / a new profile?  If you have reported this to Evernote support,  do you have a ticket number?

17 hours ago, ahward84 said:

I'm having the same problem (again). Entering email and password in the clipper within Outlook, and nothing happens. It was working fine just a few days ago, after having been broken for a while. Considering Evernote is PAID a fair amount of money each year for this service, can they not be bothered to address the issue and develop some minimal customer support?

Me too. Workaround: In that same browser login to evernote.com to the level that your notes are visible/working in the webbrowser. Now try te re-login in the clipper again. It does not react 'normal', but after this it worked again. At least for me.

• Like 1