When trying to open Evernote, I get the message "Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote." Restarting the program gives the same results. 

I tried putting the program in the trash, emptying the trash, rebooting, redownloaded and reinstalling but get the same useless error message.  Anyone know how I can Evernote working again? Thanks. 

error.jpg

I don't understand the hostile tone to your posts. I came to the forums and clearly detailed out the issue. Which is where support says to come to ask questions. My avatar clearly says subscription:Free but you asked anyway and I answered yet you seemingly sarcastically respond with "I assume you are on a subscription". If you are not here to help, why bully people?  

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Only you can see your own subscription level.  You can’t see the level of others, others can’t see your level.

So I asked, and you refused to answer.

That’s hostile, if you want to use this wording.

We are other users her, we don’t get a nickel for helping fellow users, and we don’t play „I don’t tell you what you want to know“ games.

So at least for tonight „Game over“.

Not sure why you think I refused to answer. You asked if I was Free or Paid.  I replied Free. Then asked why you needed that. 

Is there anyone out there that may be able to help with this?  Thanks.  

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, 4dmaze said:

Is there anyone out there that may be able to help with this?  Thanks.  

Hi.  one reason users are sometimes locked out of their own account is because Evernote may have the idea that you have exceeded the device limit.  It's easy to check Evernote's views on that subject - please see the link you were already sent.

Thanks for the info. I did go to the link and subsequently the link where my devices licenses are. There is only one, the web version. I have to have that to login online. 

I recently did a Time Machine retrieval (from backups). Perhaps that is causing an issue as maybe it thinks it is a different machine?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 4dmaze said:

I recently did a Time Machine retrieval (from backups).

That could maybe have corrupted things. Check this discussion thread out and see if the solution there helps you. In addition to deleting the app, you need to wipe out all the data that remains locally and have it resync from the server.

If not, there are a few more similar threads that might help: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Adiscussion.evernote.com+something+went+wrong+on+our+end

• Like 1