Tasks lost after upgrade to v10.59.5

Have you looked at the web client to see if they are still there?  The web client gives you as direct a connection to the Evernote servers that you can get; If they're on the web client, you haven't lost them.  If they're gone from the web client, I would create a support ticket - perhaps the mothership can restore them.

Vinnie

• Level 5

We're in the Android forum here, and I don't think (I could be wrong) that the Android app is anywhere near up to 10.59 yet. What operating system are you working in? V. 10.59.5 seems to be causing all kinds of problems, but I haven't heard of that one yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, that was the desktop version number. I was seeing the same issue in all platforms, web included, and was getting desperate.

In the end, I managed to resolve this through weird combination.

I duplicated my main todo note, but the new one had the same issue - no tasks. So, I trashed the duplicate.

Evernote support suggested searching for the Tasks in other notes and I found that in the Trashed note all of the tasks were visible!

When I restored the note, they were still there.

Trashing and restoring other notes that had the problem resolved it for them, too.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ian

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Glad you got it sorted out. Agreed, that is a weird procedure, but at least it worked. If you haven't updated to v. 10.60.4 in the desktop app yet, it would be good to do so. The problems of v. 10.59.5 seem to be pretty much solved in this update. If the app itself isn't offering it yet, you can download directly from https://evernote.com/download.

• 2 weeks later...

This issue is hardly resolved, and having to do what you did @ianmurph to resolve your problem is not what a user should have to do...

I have had the same issue as you, and I see this issue with 10.60.4 and find it disturbing that this kind of bug exists in Evernote and that there isn't an immediate fix for it... I've had this issue for the last month when I first did a similar workaround. At least they have Note History, otherwise, I would have been very upset to have lost my information.

Somehow, you can still see those tasks in the Task Panel (click Tasks) and in the note History. Like you, when the issue is encountered, I will experience it everywhere - Windows App, Android App, Web App... (Attached is what I see, all tasks are replaced by "Untitled task" - other text content remains)

I've managed to restore from Note History, but this ultimately spawns a new note without history, so I keep the old one, too...

I know Evernote doesn't read these forums for bugs, so I have finally sent in a request... but why should I? This seems like a relatively easy issue to reproduce if Evernote used the app in their daily activities... I mean, single user, using tasks, less than 100 tasks, only text content... fairly straightforward happy path use case. I get that this might be a flaky bug that doesn't have defined steps to reproduce, especially if it involves syncing, but daily use by all their employees should have uncovered it and therefore determined CRITICAL/HIGH PRIORITY.

But to vent, this is totally unacceptable, I can't even trust Evernote to store my notes. I'm finding the same issues others have reported missing tasks, changes not being saved (like partially entered text saves)... I feel I've spent more time frustrated by these things, panicked even when content is lost, that I feel I need something less stressful to handle notes... only I find the Tasks when they work are great, and I have thousands of notes I'm not rushing to export.

Yet, they raise the prices with these quality issues now, especially when I read that so many are ready to jump ship... We all might need a long-term plan here for our notes. Just saying...Evernote-TasksnotAppearing.jpg.51cd40f1689138a7b4949b3af9f144bd.jpg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Kiche7 said:

I know Evernote doesn't read these forums for bugs, so I have finally sent in a request... but why should I?

Well, if you don’t report bugs, they won’t get fixed.  I had a lot of problems with 10.59 also.  So bad in fact that I downgraded to 10.58 for a while.  10.60 has been a fix for me so they are making progress, but with you and others reporting problems they clearly aren’t there yet.  If this is pretty consistent for you, it’s important for them to get your log files and other information to help them get this fixed for everyone, so thanks for taking the time to create a support ticket.