Almost out of storage Space

Brandon Krieger

Idea

Good morning, 

I received this message this morning out of the blue and it appears there is no way to contact Evernote support directly.

image.png.24b8f4c35c8f78cada9ed39030d0b335.png

Because every time I try to go to the support page I receive this 

image.thumb.png.7ec6b125eebd1619bb1c56134046da58.png

Two questions 

1. Is anyone else receiving the space issue? I have 500 GB's of free space on my local hard drive so I am not sure what the error is for. 

2. I am signed in to Evernote and have looped back through this process of signing in and trying to log a support ticket to only be redirected back to this page above. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

19 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

It is warning only. There is no need to take any precipitate action. V10.59 off the desktop app provides a means to disable the warning and also to move your data of you feel it is needed.

• Evernote Expert

Are you using a Mac? There was a problem with the space calculation with Macs. That is resolved too I understand in the new release.

But it is still only an indication that you may be short of space. When you get the opportunity disable the warning. You will likely not see any problems.

yes I am on a MAC, what is the problem with the space calculation on a MAC's 

What version is the new release. I am on 10.58.8 and there does not appear to be an update?

Disabling the warning is like putting tape over the Engine light warning on your dashboard of your car. There is still an issue, you are just recommending to hide the warning?

• Level 5

The space calculation on many Macs has the problem that MacOS can optimize the storage by dynamically moving content to the iCloud. This a „dumb“ check can’t foresee.

10.59 is available from the EN website as direct download. However it seems it contains some bugs - so if the space warning is your only issue with 10.58, I would stick to it for the time being.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
1 minute ago, Brandon Krieger said:

It appears that support is not accessible, has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not sure what you mean... Are you saying that the option to send a support ticket is not available or that you sent a ticket but have not, yet, had a response? Support tickets are only available to users with a paid for subscription.

My experience is that ticket turn round time is about four days.

Or are you saying that you are on the Free plan and are not able to submit a ticket as a result?

Or are you saying that you still have the problem in your initial post that highlighted that you cannot connect to the support ticket system?

You could access the ticket system via a mobile app. Support is in the settings and is generally an easier method.

• Evernote Expert

I think that the ticket system is down for you but not for everybody. I just checked and I can log in to submit a ticket without a challenge.  That's why I wanted to check whether it was the original issue or a new one that were commenting upon.

I have no idea why you could not connect to the support area. Could you try a different web browser in case whatever you are using is isn't playing well with the Ticket service?  I am using Firefox. I don't have the issue you describe with Chrome but, just today, I do find that Chrome is hanging on the support ticket form. I tried Edge and that worked just fine.

I don't have time to mess with Chrome. It could be a plug-in or cookies etc. It worked last time I used this with Chrome but that was months ago. Firefox is good, for me, right now.

Screenshot2023-07-27153649.thumb.png.e1357615a238e0d3471b173ae71ad87a.png

• Level 5

Usually the message points to a local problem, either something cached for that website, or a firewall issue.

The most independent way would be to use a mobile device that is logged into your account. Then App settings, support, issue ticket.

This works around the support website in the browser. Once the ticket is open, you receive an email and continue by mail.

Troubleshooting the support website can then be done independently - for example by erasing the stored Website data.

No firewall, tried it on three different browsers that I cleared the cache/history for all of them. On three different systems (MacBook Pro, Windows System, and iPad) that all of them the cache/history has been cleared. 

I am not able to log a support ticket for the app or browser version. 

• Level 5

No, I meant from the Personal account on a mobile device. If you still have a problem, switch WiFi off and use the mobile network.

You can mention your issues with the Teams account in that ticket. 

Once you have a ticket number, you can send it to one of us regulars by DM, and we flag it to staff.

image.thumb.png.cb1c8a6a84dbdb52ab8e54bd2b60d1a2.png