FUNCTIONAL EVERNOTE CALENDAR

Go to solution Solved by James000,

There are tons of apps coming out every day that work as a client for google calendar. It amazes me that Evernote is a productivity giant with unlimited capabilities for personalized and customizable workflow systems, and it doesn't have a functional calendar... I've mentioned this before and people just don't seem to think it's that important for daily scheduling and efficiency...
A functional calendar that connects your notes to your daily schedule seems like THE most fundamental basis for a productive workflow... It's not just a note taking app anymore...
Does anybody in the world think this makes sense???
  • Level 5*
31 minutes ago, James000 said:

it doesn't have a functional calendar..

If that feature is important to you then clearly Evernote is not currently going to fulfill your needs.

• 4 weeks later...

OR, How about if Evernote at least let's us open the event in our own calendar app, instead of Google calendar in the Evernote web browser desktop mode... At least a Google calendar app option??....... 💁‍♂️

• Level 5

I don’t believe this is a short term option. At the moment the devs are fixing things, not creating new. Or maybe they learn what broke things, and shouldn’t create new until they have mastered this step.

Workaround: Use the linked calendar to manage things, let them sync to EN.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 7/21/2023 at 12:26 AM, James000 said:

There are tons of apps coming out every day that work as a client for google calendar.

I think the 'old' Evernote would have wanted to be different from the crowd - and would have been worried that they were reinventing the wheel at some considerable cost for little or no reason.  Heaven knows what the new guys will think - but as noted,  they've been a bit busy fighting fires in their first few months of activity.  Give them time to settle down a bit and who know what will happen?  And as also noted - I use Evernote as my 'detail' filing cabinet but keep date-related things elsewhere with links back and forth to Evernote to allow me to edit either part of the equation.

I think you're right about the old Evernote. And I actually liked it better then, but now that we've entered a whole different realm I've expanded the way I use Evernote and now It's intertwined with my daily activity and calendar. Even as clunky as the workflow is right now, it's amazing to see the flow and workload I'm able to carry

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Glad that you're able to use the features to advantage - but - as an old boss used to say to me -  don't forget to leave some time to smell the flowers! 

Any new features will probably be next year at least - based purely on the R&D and QA processes they would have to go through before release.  Don't take my word though - your guess is probably as good as mine!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Glad that you're able to use the features to advantage - but - as an old boss used to say to me -  don't forget to leave some time to smell the flowers! 

Any new features will probably be next year at least - based purely on the R&D and QA processes they would have to go through before release.  Don't take my word though - your guess is probably as good as mine!

Ha! I get it! Ok! Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • Evernote Expert

Sooner rather than later. It will be a relatively simple implementation to start with to see how much take up there is.