Google Security Checkup Trigger: Evernote third-party access to Google calendar & Google Contacts

Evernote Team,

I've been receiving security alerts from Google indicating that Evernote has access to my Google Contacts and Calendar data. The alert recommends that I remove any risky third-party apps that have access to my Google data.  

I have been a happy Evernote user for many years and trust that Evernote takes data security seriously. However, these Google alerts can be concerning for users.  

I wanted to kindly ask if the Evernote team could issue a public statement or third-party access verification to Google to reassure users that Evernote's access to Google data is legitimate, necessary for the service, and properly secured. I think this would help alleviate any user concerns stemming from these Google security alerts.

Evernote's clarity and transparency around third-party data access would be greatly appreciated and help maintain user trust in this area. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any additional details from me. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Garciarivas

image.png.02db17d226ddefed63c9c869db66685d.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Sure it has access - how shall it get at your calendar stuff otherwise ? You set it up yourself, to move certain information from one of your own accounts to another of your own accounts.

Use it and ignore the messages, or stop using it. This is entirely up to yourself - no security issue is concerned.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 8:19 AM, PinkElephant said:

Sure it has access - how shall it get at your calendar stuff otherwise ? You set it up yourself, to move certain information from one of your own accounts to another of your own accounts.

Use it and ignore the messages, or stop using it. This is entirely up to yourself - no security issue is concerned.

Thanks, PinkElephant. Point was, if there was a way to avoid annoying warning from google that appears in about every app from google as a small strip or banner at the top. But thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Edited by Tonymynd
grammar