Switch from App Store Evernote to Evernote

I purchased Evernote through the Apple App Store in 2012. I cannot upgrade due to having purchased in App Store. It is also crashing on my MAC now. Often I get messages that I cannot do certain things due to having purchased in the App Store. I would like to switch to having Evernote directly from Evernote and not from Apple. Can this be done? Do I need to save all my files and start over or can they be transferred? I do not want to lose anything.  

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, LCalderon said:

Do I need to save all my files and start over or can they be transferred?

Hi. If you wish to transfer to the Evernote.com version of the app,  please simply download it from the website and log in using your existing user details.  If you're using Evernote correctly,  all your notes are saved on the server.  All you need to do on any device is to log into your account to see them. You can either continue your subscription via the App store or pay Evernote direct.

The App Store does not share accounting with Evernote.  AFAIK it's not possible to 'transfer' the account - you'd need to cancel your subscription with the App store and allow the account to revert to 'free',  and then pay Evernote directly to upgrade back to your current level.  Note that 'Plus' and 'Premium'  accounts are no longer available - if those subscriptions lapse you'll rejoin as a Personal or Professional subscriber.

• 6 months later...
On 6/22/2023 at 11:23 AM, gazumped said:

Hi. If you wish to transfer to the Evernote.com version of the app,  please simply download it from the website and log in using your existing user details.  If you're using Evernote correctly,  all your notes are saved on the server.  All you need to do on any device is to log into your account to see them. You can either continue your subscription via the App store or pay Evernote direct.

The App Store does not share accounting with Evernote.  AFAIK it's not possible to 'transfer' the account - you'd need to cancel your subscription with the App store and allow the account to revert to 'free',  and then pay Evernote directly to upgrade back to your current level.  Note that 'Plus' and 'Premium'  accounts are no longer available - if those subscriptions lapse you'll rejoin as a Personal or Professional subscriber.

I have used Evernote with billing through Apple/iTunes for years - and now have at lest three email accounts active through Apple.  I was advised to let my last active account expire and then purchase Evernote Pro direct through Evernote.  However, Evernote will not allow my access to download because it says my email accounts (all with Apple) are already in use. I have spent 45+days on this, and many hours of telephone tech support with Apple and even with Mircrosoft -- and no knows how to rescue my data or how to contact Evernote. Is there telephone support available, whether free or for a reasonable consulting fee? Amdgetting desparate to recover my data.

• Level 5*
On 12/31/2023 at 10:00 PM, STUARTp2 said:

Is there telephone support available, whether free or for a reasonable consulting fee?

Hi - the fact that you're getting 'email already in use' indicates you're trying to sign up for a new account.  Try signing in to your (presumably now free) existing basic account in the usual way.  Evernote should offer you an option to upgrade from within your own account.

There are no telephone options,  but you should be able to contact Evernote through https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true - use the issue type "Account".  Because we've just gone through a holiday period,  and Support was already busy,  it may take a week or more to get a response from a human.  You'll get some automated documents meant to help (but probably won't) in the meantime.

You can be confident your data is not lost - it's still stored safely in your account(s) and will be there when you regain access.

Paying Evernote direct and using a download from their website by the way are two separate issues.  You can at any stage download the latest version direct from evernote.com and install it on your system.  you should be able to log in appropriately.

Years ago, I was in a similar position - I had an account that I’d paid for through the Android Play store and I wanted to transfer it to a direct-with-Evernote account. 

I contacted EN customer service and they did it with no hassle, so it certainly used to be possible. I don’t remember all the details, but the “new” account kept the same username and all my notes survived the transition.

• Level 5

There is no connection between how an account is paid, and from where it is installed and updated.

It is perfectly possible to pay by iTunes, and install from the EN website. I do …