Need NOTES view as default option

Of all the issues, this one is driving me nuts - time waster:

I need view of left panel / Notes list (not preview) / selected-note content.  Three panels.

So - click "NOTES" in left panel, accomplished.

But - as soon as I select a note from Shortcuts, I've lost my preferred "dashboard" view.

"Notes" is hidden halfway down the left-hand list... annoying to hunt/click constantly.

Want:  option to present NOTES view as default.

/tmm

• Level 5*

I followed you up to this point.  If I click on a note in the shortcuts section, the middle pane disappears and Evernote changes to a two pane view.  Is that what you mean?  Opt - Cmd - 2 on the Mac will get you back to the original three pane view, if that is what you are looking for.  I don't know what the keyboard shortcut is for Windows.

1 hour ago, Schooner said:

But - as soon as I select a note from Shortcuts, I've lost my preferred "dashboard" view.

10 hours ago, Schooner said:

This weird view is one of the most annoying features of V10. While @s2sailor is correct that hitting notes (alt+ctrl+2 on Windows) takes you back to the normal three pane view, you loose the note you were looking at.

I have not found a direct way of doing this within EN. There is a workaround on Windows that I have automated into an AutoHotKey script. It basically copies the note link to the Windows run command which then opens the note in the normal view!

In general if you don't like this view you need to try to make sure you don't create it. Ways of getting to this view include (but probably not limited to):

• Note as a shortcut
  • Hitting any suggested note in the search box
  • Recent notes in the sidebar
  • Using jump to (Ctrl+Q in Windows)

Fortunately internal links always open in the conventional view

The two main workarounds for you are:

• Give the target note a unique tag (doesn't matter if you don't normally use tags) and use that tag as a shortcut (just drag it into the shortcut area)
  • Create a master notelink note which contains links to all the notes you would like in shortcuts. Add this master note to shortcuts. When you click it you will get the rubbish view but as it is only a stepping stone to the actual notes you want it doesn't really matter. 

The second option is better in that you get the note in context in the notebook but it is 2 clicks rather than one.

One other thought. If you can " go forward" from the note (e.g by clicking an internal link) the back button will then take you back to the original note in it's proper view. I have always (legacy and V10) had a deep distrust of the back button but in this case the fact that you are not actually going back to the previous view works in our favour!