"Too many login attempt failures. Please try again later." I CAN'T ACCESS EVERNOTE ANYMORE

The account I'm currently using is an alternate account I just made.

I can't access my regular Evernote Account. I've been trying for the past 5 hours, I've reset my password twice, nothing is helping. Tried on Evernote web browser version (Edge and Chrome), Evernote app on Android, Evernote desktop application. All applications are updated to the latest versions.

I can't even sign in. I get the message "Too many login attempt failures. Please try again later. "

I submitted an email ticket but really need help quicker than I'm guessing that's going to take for a response. 

I use Evernote for work so this has been disastrous to my business. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure how long 'later' is going to be,  but that's a fairly common response from any secure site if someone tries unsuccessfully to access it multiple times.  This is a (mainly) user-supported Forum,  so you really need to contact Support to get some assistance.  If you're not sure what your password is now,  don't keep trying to guess it,  otherwise you'll extend the lockout.  At this stage I don't know whether the 'forgot password' link at Evernote.com would be available,  but it's worth a try if you're desperate.

If you post your ticket number here,  we can flag it for an Admin to push it through for you,  but the Support teams are busy at the moment - their response will take as long as it takes.  Meantime you can at least use the alternate account to make new notes...

• Evernote Expert

I doubt that there is anything that we can offer. 

The too many logins warning means just that.  You will have to leave it for awhile (I'm not sure how long that might be - possibly overnight) because you have made many attempts which, by your description, you have.

As frustrating as it may be I think you will have to await support assistance.  You can create new content in the new, temporary account and then export that to your old account once you regain access.

It is unfortunate that this has fallen upon you at a time when Evernote Support is inundated with support requests connected to the service performance issues that are current.  It seems to be taking three or four days for tickets to get anything except and the automated reply.

My ticket number is Ticket# 3701665

Thank you for the feedback.

I could understand after trying to log on so many times could require a "cooldown," at this point. But my concern is, I got the too many login failures message after just the first attempt (my password is saved in my browser and everything worked yesterday). 

I have it set up set I get a text message with a code to enter every time I sign in, so I did get the text and entered it and it said the number was wrong. I checked a few times and tried to enter it, then it said too many failures. Maybe despite my checking, somehow I was entering it wrong- thought that would just kick me out or have another code sent, didn't expect this. 

I may end up removing the text message requirement and try another solution for multi factor authentication.

At this point I won't touch it until tomorrow and see what happens, unless hopefully support responds earlier than that.

Thanks again.

• Level 5*

I flagged the ticket number for the admins,  but as has been said above - we're just other users here,  no special access,  and Support will take as long as they need to respond.  Hopefully you'll hear more soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I'm having the same issue with my main account right now. This one is my alternate account. Which email did you use to create the ticket? I'm trying to get tech support but the website says its only for Premium users.

PLEASE HELPPPP! THANK YOU!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 7/10/2023 at 7:35 PM, Cris070197 said:

Hi! I'm having the same issue with my main account right now. This one is my alternate account. Which email did you use to create the ticket? I'm trying to get tech support but the website says its only for Premium users.

PLEASE HELPPPP! THANK YOU!

If you have access via a mobile device,  try the Support link in Settings.  Otherwise use 'continue as guest' on the support page.