Large Note Warning

• Level 5*

... So that was interesting...

I run Windows 11 and Evernote 10.58.3 Professional on a Del XPS with 32GB memory.  Normally it runs Evernote pretty well.  Today I wanted to open a Gmail that I had redirected and got 
largenotewarning.thumb.jpg.56bd34edc803d8392ac197a71e997ab5.jpg

Which was a surprise - I've never seen this message before.  I checked the note size - 8MB - and waited.

Then we went to 

image.jpeg.2fd33481039e7d62ae7cfe47c5f31592.jpeg

Tried relaunch,  and we got into a bit of a panic - or at least I did;  the app did relaunch,  went back to the same display,  then relaunched again,  and again...

Not clear why - my resources weren't overloaded (and,  as recently established I have plenty of free disk space)image.thumb.jpeg.a1b1a07f749fdee902400bff660dd9dc.jpeg

I quit Evernote and relaunched and got into the same loop.

I 'x''d the search that got me to that point initially,  and checked some small notes - no problems in viewing there.

But that was an interesting 30 minutes and I still haven't seen that darned email.

Reporting to Support (with logs) as well as here!  EDIT:  Ticket #3701315

Had a further hiccup trying to record all this in a note for myself - (new note is an ENEX file on my desktop)

newnoteerror.jpg.402e43552a683fd17b3e9602a24c840c.jpg

<sigh>

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Level 5

So, new notices (low on disk space, note too large) without any indication that they are coming (well, I haven't seen the 10.58.3 release notes--anything there). Frankly, it all sounds like "We haven't gotten this straight yet, please use the system gently."

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I haven't seen the 10.58.3 release notes

This is what the app says...

General

• Updated End Users License Agreement

New

• Spreadsheet Preview setting under Preferences/Notes
  • Advanced Setting : Hardware Acceleration Disable under Preferences/Application
  • Low hard drive space detection and warning dialog
  • New printing functionality

Fixed

• Note duplication with attachments
  • Note counts
  • AI Cleanup fixes
  • Real Time Editing fixes
  • Sync/data-loss fixes with power state changes (sleep, hibernate, logout, etc.)
  • Level 5
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Low hard drive space detection and warning dialog

Aha! So this (but not the large note warning) is announced. Curiously, my Evernote Web client (on one computer) updated to v. 10.58.5. Release notes (brief and informative!) include several things from 58.3, but not all:

New

• Spreadsheet Preview setting under Preferences/Notes

Fixed

• Note duplication with attachments
  • Note counts
  • AI Cleanup fixes
  • Real Time Editing fixes

• Level 5

The desktop client on my Mac updated automatically to 10.58.5 yesterday. No surprises so far, except we see much more of these dot-dot-releases than there used to be.

It seems the dev team is quite busy on ironing out the issues we encountered the last weeks, and moves every step to the users on a fast track.

• Like 1