Why is "Main Window" not an option in View menu on Macs?

Often, I prefer to have a single note popped out on my screen (particularly when I am in a Zoom meeting and don't want to accidentally expose my Notes list). But there is no way to open a new main window? When will this be addressed? 

1 hour ago, vilmosz said:

Often, I prefer to have a single note popped out on my screen (particularly when I am in a Zoom meeting and don't want to accidentally expose my Notes list). But there is no way to open a new main window?

Cmd-J will re-open the main window from a note in a new window if the main window has been closed.

• Like 1
On 6/11/2023 at 9:24 PM, vilmosz said:

But there is no way to open a new main window?

I think the responses so far reflect that we may not have fully understood what you mean. If you mean the view menu item in EN, you are right there is no option to open the note in a new window. You can can open a note in a new window by either

• Double clicking the note in the note list
  • Using the three dots menu at the top right of the note

• Like 1
On 6/11/2023 at 9:24 PM, vilmosz said:

when I am in a Zoom meeting and don't want to accidentally expose my Notes list

One other thought. If you just want to hide the notes list you could just "expand note" using the icon at the top left of the main note pane.

image.png.5d1f8371319cb96c30c8acc06718d2cc.png

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mike P said:

I think the responses so far reflect that we may not have fully understood what you mean.

I think you are right -- it's not super clear what OP meant. I took it to mean that they popped out a note in a new window and then *closed* the main window because they wanted to be sure that it couldn't be shown when sharing the screen. Once you've closed that main window, there is no specific menu item to get the main window to show again. Cmd-J (which is the Switch-To command on Mac -- since OP specified Mac) will re-open the main window.

They did ask: But there is no way to open a new main window?

Yes, you can't have two main windows open at once, but you can reopen the main window once it has been closed with only another note window opened in a "new" window.

• Like 1