Evernote reloads all notes after task switching

I have an M2 iPad Pro with 8 GB of RAM and every time I switch to another app Evernote completely reloads the note and opens it to a random location in the middle of the note. This doesn’t happen on a different iPad Pro with 16 GB RAM (M1 version), but also isn’t happening on an iPhone 11 (I think 4 GB RAM). 

I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling Evernote on the affected iPad with no help. I’m not getting refreshes on other apps and have not really been able to get any other app to reload - even safari with tons of windows open. 

Any ideas? Maybe it’s an M2 issue? 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Tcellguy said:

Any ideas? Maybe it’s an M2 issue? 

My one major failing is a total lack of Macspertise - I used to run a tech support database about 15 years ago that included lots on the subject,  but I'm kinda out of practice now...  having said which,  this does look like an OS issue.  I'd suggest raining it with both Mac and Evernote support,  or at the very least feeding back your experience,  but otherwise I got nothing;  sorry... :mellow:

Thanks. I was hoping someone may have encountered this. I've hard reset the affected iPad a few times, signed out of Evernote and back in, uninstalled and reinstalled all to no avail. 

I think I'll wait to the next update in hopes that may resolve this. So far other than losing one sketch this hasn't resulted in data loss as long as I don't task switch quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Maybe the note is pinned to home ?

Its a know bug that pinned notes will open at the bottom instead of at the top.

It seems to be fixed on desktop with 10.58.3, so hopefully it will be fixed on mobile with the next release as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Not note specific. The entire user interface refreshes. Disappears and reloads. I sent support a video and they escalated and I’m waiting on a response. 

There must be something wrong with the installation on my iPad. However, I have reinstalled sign in/out multiple times without any improvement.

Apparently, there is a local keychain on iPads, that does not get deleted when an application is removed. This enables the application to stay logged in even after you reinstall. I suspect something in there is corrupted, but from reading around on the internet, there’s no way to fix that without wiping your device.

• 2 months later...

I just tried Evernote on an older iPad 10.5” and does the exact same thing. I have a ticket that’s been open from June with promises of escalation following by ignoring. 

I’m just trying to get a sense from the forum here if this total UI refresh occurs for other people or just my account. It never happens on my 12.9 M1 iPad Pro so I’m wondering if it’s a RAM issue. 

However, my old iPhone 11 doesn’t have this problem and the app is always where I left it so this is very confusing. 

Evernote support got back to me saying that since they can't reproduce the issue it doesn't exist and they are closing the ticket. I can't say I'm surprised and this result is consistent with my prior experience with Evernote support, which ignores emails for months and then closes your ticket if uninstalling the app and reinstalling doesn't fix the problem. 

As it stands I can't use Evernote on at least two different iPads as the UI completely refreshes any time I leave the app. 

• Level 5

1) I am with support - I can’t reproduce it either (iPad Air 5 / M1)

2) To make a clean reinstall, log out. Quit the app, and uninstall it from the iPads Home screen. Dump all data when asked.

Now make a FORCED restart of the iPad. If you don’t know how, Google for it. Only a forced restart will pretty much wipe all residual data from the iPad.

After it restarted, reinstall the app, log in. Now working ?

3) There can be a „local“ keychain, or there is the iCloud Keychain. The difference is just enabling the iCloud sync for the keychain. The keychain can be managed through the iPad settings, passwords. You can select a single app, and delete the stored passwords. There is nothing hidden about it, and there are no extra access codes stored elsewhere. 

With the browser it can be different, because the access can be stored as a cookie as well. These are managed through website data in Safari settings.

Unfortunately no effect. I’ve uninstalled and force restarted 5-10 times over the last few months with no resolution. I just tried again with no effect. 

I deleted Evernote from the iCloud Keychain, but no effect. 

Anything I enter is lost if I switch apps unless I wait for a few minutes for it to sync. If I change the view to stage manager the problem goes away so it’s some issue with app switching. 

The fact that I can reproduce it on two iPads suggests it’s something being propagated from my account. I have no explanation why it doesn’t happen on my iPhone or iPad Pro 12.9.