How can I submit a ticket? Is it submit successfully or not?

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

• Level 5

Look at your email inbox. A confirmation will be send there within minutes. They often list a number of help documents.

Scroll down in the email, there will likely 2 boxes Yes, I need help / No, my request was answered.

Click on Yes, I need help.

A support employee will come back to you within a day or so.

To circumvent all this, use the support function in a mobile client.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Look at your email inbox. A confirmation will be send there within minutes. They often list a number of help documents.

Scroll down in the email, there will likely 2 boxes Yes, I need help / No, my request was answered.

Click on Yes, I need help.

A support employee will come back to you within a day or so.

To circumvent all this, use the support function in a mobile client.

I don't receive any confirmation in my email inbox for several days.

• Level 5

Sorry, I just issued a ticket myself, and the process is a bit different than described above.

1. You enter the ticket and submit it
  2. Now, on the web page an overlay box opens that lists some search hits, and asks you whether this has helped you. Options are "Not, I need help" or "Yes, close the ticket".
  3. If you now click on No, need help, the ticket is issued. I received the confirmation mail with the ticket number in less than minute after sending the ticket.

That's the regular process. 

If it fails for you, it can have several reasons.

First check in your Spam folder.

Then check the email address linked to your account. It is not necessarily the userID. Got to account information, overview and check the email address there (right below EN web, there is another mail address at the bottom only used for forwarding mails to your account). You can as well change it right away.

Another may be a network problem - hard to tell from here.

As a workaround you can use - as mentioned - the mobile client, that works in a shorter process. But still you need a working email address, because all support communication will happen through email. In all cases the received email confirmation starts the thread with support, all under the ticket number.

If you don't receive it shortly after sending the ticket, something is amiss.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Sorry, I just issued a ticket myself, and the process is a bit different than described above.

1. You enter the ticket and submit it
  2. Now, on the web page an overlay box opens that lists some search hits, and asks you whether this has helped you. Options are "Not, I need help" or "Yes, close the ticket".
  3. If you now click on No, need help, the ticket is issued. I received the confirmation mail with the ticket number in less than minute after sending the ticket.

That's the regular process. 

If it fails for you, it can have several reasons.

First check in your Spam folder.

Then check the email address linked to your account. It is not necessarily the userID. Got to account information, overview and check the email address there (right below EN web, there is another mail address at the bottom only used for forwarding mails to your account). You can as well change it right away.

Another may be a network problem - hard to tell from here.

As a workaround you can use - as mentioned - the mobile client, that works in a shorter process. But still you need a working email address, because all support communication will happen through email. In all cases the received email confirmation starts the thread with support, all under the ticket number.

If you don't receive it shortly after sending the ticket, something is amiss.

I can not find the options "Not, I need help" or "Yes, close the ticket" you mentioned. I just want to refund the money that was paid automatically. I am from China so I guess it is the problem you mentioned: "Another may be a network problem - hard to tell from here."

image.thumb.png.6a867626fd854727ccee0bf6e7eb2ff6.png

• Level 5

The option shows AFTER you have send a ticket into the system.

IMG_0136.jpg.dad65bfba0d994ac835afaad5cdee9e0.jpg

You need to use click there (arrow), use a mobile clients support option, or click here:

Case something is blocking you, you need to use a VPN or similar to reach a unrestricted network. You need to be able to read and answer the emails support will be sending you.

I cannot open a ticket. When I click on the link to contact support, I have several pulldown options  none describe my issue exactly. Each option provides a solution to that issue but I don't see a way to open a ticket.

• Evernote Expert

What type of account do you have? Technical Support tickets are only available to paid accounts. Account and Billing support is available to all.

The link provided in the post above yours is the correct one. Or use the mobile app and the slightly easier approach from the setting menu.

• Level 5

The post right above yours holds all the necessary information.

Free users have access to ticket types Account and Payment&Billing only. Choose whatever category is closest, you will describe your issue in your own words anyhow. The support clerk will change the category if needed.

On 6/12/2023 at 1:24 AM, PinkElephant said:

The post right above yours holds all the necessary information.

Free users have access to ticket types Account and Payment&Billing only. Choose whatever category is closest, you will describe your issue in your own words anyhow. The support clerk will change the category if needed.

I tried to use VPN which is located in the USA and still can not submit a ticket. I am a paid account which is Evernote Personal. I just want to refund because I am going to use the Chinese version of Evernote.

On 6/12/2023 at 1:09 AM, SL59 said:

I cannot open a ticket. When I click on the link to contact support, I have several pulldown options  none describe my issue exactly. Each option provides a solution to that issue but I don't see a way to open a ticket.

Me too. The service is terrible.

• Level 5
11 minutes ago, wangzhiangtony said:

I tried to use VPN which is located in the USA and still can not submit a ticket. I am a paid account which is Evernote Personal. I just want to refund because I am going to use the Chinese version of Evernote.

First things first: Have you canceled your subscription ? Otherwise it will simply renew …

Second aspect: You say, you want a refund. Based on what ? Just saying „Oh, I will use another software“ is not enough. The Chinese offspring of EN has nothing to do with EN, they don’t shuffle subscribers between them. If you subscribed using the yearly rate, you wanted to save some money. You exchanged this saving against a 1 year contraction period. 

Third aspect: I have posted a link above. This link works. To ask for a refund, choose Payment&Billings as ticket type. If the link doesn’t work, the problem is with your computer or with your network connection.

For the computer, empty the browser cache, or try another browser, check your firewall settings and disable any „security“ software. For the network, since you seem to live inside of the Great Patriotic Firewall, no other way than via VPN.

And I agree, it’s a terrible trait to have a problem with your own equipment or network, and always search somebody else to blame. I ask myself why you have subscribed to a cloud service outside of mainland China anyhow. Using EN relies on free server access - which is not guaranteed giving your circumstances.

6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

First things first: Have you canceled your subscription ? Otherwise it will simply renew …

Second aspect: You say, you want a refund. Based on what ? Just saying „Oh, I will use another software“ is not enough. The Chinese offspring of EN has nothing to do with EN, they don’t shuffle subscribers between them. If you subscribed using the yearly rate, you wanted to save some money. You exchanged this saving against a 1 year contraction period. 

Third aspect: I have posted a link above. This link works. To ask for a refund, choose Payment&Billings as ticket type. If the link doesn’t work, the problem is with your computer or with your network connection.

For the computer, empty the browser cache, or try another browser, check your firewall settings and disable any „security“ software. For the network, since you seem to live inside of the Great Patriotic Firewall, no other way than via VPN.

And I agree, it’s a terrible trait to have a problem with your own equipment or network, and always search somebody else to blame. I ask myself why you have subscribed to a cloud service outside of mainland China anyhow. Using EN relies on free server access - which is not guaranteed giving your circumstances.

I have become an EN user 10 years ago. I can not remember when the service of EN in my country become not stable. And EN established a Chinese company to develop a Chinese version and this version is awesome. So I transfer my notes to the Chinese version in April. Unfortunately, I forgot to cancel my subscription to EN. Then I received a credit card charge from EN on 25th May 2023.

Because I will not be using EN service in the new year, I think I should refund. I also read the Evernote Refund Policy. It says "For any annual Individual Paid Service subscription fee, Evernote will process a refund if the request is received within sixty days of the date of the payment". I think I am eligible for this refund policy.

I tried to empty the Chrome cache, safari browser, and I am also using a powerful VPN which can access every website in the world. But everything doesn't work. If I can submit a post in the community why I can not submit a ticket? Although I got "Your request was successfully submitted", I got nothing on My requests page. So I think it is nothing to do with my equipment or network. 

Is there any other way to contact EN customer service except submit a ticket?

• Level 5

EN did not establish a Chinese company (this would imply they set it up and are still involved). The Chinese part was spun off, a complete separation of the 2 companies, and no common data or other sharing of resources.

These are completely separate entities, and their course of development is not the same.
8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

EN did not establish a Chinese company (this would imply they set it up and are still involved). The Chinese part was spun off, a complete separation of the 2 companies, and no common data or other sharing of resources.

These are completely separate entities, and their course of development is not the same.

This is not the main point. Is there any other way to contact EN customer service except submit a ticket?

• 1 month later...

@PinkElephant 

I have exactly the same issue... Tried both on web and mobile client,

Web: shows ticket submitted but nothing happened in email(I checked spam as well)

Mobile: I can not submit ticket at all from mobile. See screenshot attached

Twitter: I tag @everhotehelps but nothing happened as well 

image.png.5e468782f94d455ce955a8916d885581.png

Can you please let me know what's the best way to get help.... 

21690780788_.pic.jpg

• Level 5

Hmmm

From the first screenshot I think a ticket was created and submitted. You should receive an automatic answer within a few minutes, to the mail account associated with you EN account. The answer is important, because it holds the ticket number. This number must show in any mail title send to EN. Without the number the mails won’t go through.

The second screenshot shows a submission failure. In this case I would try again, but first turn WiFi off. Make sure the app can use mobile data, and try to submit a ticket through mobile data.

In general only subscribers can send tickets about technical problems.

@PinkElephant

Thanks for the response!

First screenshot: Unfortunately I did not receive any email/answer to the mail account associated with my EN account... I tried multiple times but never received them..

Second screenshot: (Already updated to the latest IOS version) I turned off wifi and use mobile data, submitting ticket is not working as well, got the same errors.

Can you suggest another way to move forward on the issue?