Colored notebooks

Hello,

Is there any chance to get back the ability to assign a color to a notebooks?

I use that feature intensively and it is the main reason why I'm still using the Evernote legacy version.

Thanks

Emphyrio

• Level 5
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you tried creating a table and assigning a background color there?

@gazumped, that's not the issue. @Emphyrio, like me, has used a feature in Evernote v. 6 (for Windows, anyway) to color-code the names of the notebooks in the notebook list. This can be helpful in grouping particular kinds of activities, for instance. I always liked it, but it always had limitations--it only existed on the device on which you created it: it didn't show up in the Web or mobile clients, or even in the desktop program on a different Windows PC. It no longer exists in v. 10, unfortunately (just as the tab feature of the Mac desktop program didn't make it into v. 10 either). The emojis workaround is about the only way to accomplish it. There are other samples here ( @Mike P seems to be a big fan) and here.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

@Mike P seems to be a big fan

One thing I have learned. If you use the advanced search syntax alot it is easier to add the emoji to the end of the name e.g dummy🔴 rather than 🔴dummy . That way you can get away with 

tag:dummy*

rather than having to find the specific emoji you used. As * only works at the end of a string. Easier than having to type:

tag:🔴dummy

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
3 minutes ago, Mike P said:

One thing I have learned. If you use the advanced search syntax alot it is easier to add the emoji to the end of the name e.g dummy🔴 rather than 🔴dummy . That way you can get away with 

tag:dummy*

rather than having to find the specific emoji you used. As * only works at the end of a string. Easier than having to type:

tag:🔴dummy

Well, we're talking notebooks here rather than tags, but it's true that people might have a long list of notebooks they need to filter or search for.