Can No Longer "Share" from Mac Computer Directly to Evernote

I am unable to share documents from my iMac to Evernote (through Evernote App) using the "Share" extension.  I was previously able to do this from my iMac to Evernote App and am not able to now.  I am, however, able to share from my iMac to other applications besides Evernote (such as sharing to my email or Air Drop).  I am able to select the document on my computer that I want to send to Evernote, choose "Share" to Evernote, and name the document, but when I click "Save" -- which previously sent a copy of the document to Evernote with a satisfying whoosh -- nothing happens now.  See attached pictures. I contacted Apple support and Apple screen shared with me while I showed Apple the issue. Apple said this is an Evernote issue and not an Apple issue.  Apple confirmed that I have all the settings done correctly within Apple (and I was able to previously share directly from Apple to Evernote in this manner without issue).  My Evernote App is up to date as is my operating system for Mac.  

IMG_7510.jpeg

IMG_7511.jpeg

IMG_7512.jpeg

• Level 5

Welcome to the forums. I have seen one other report of someone being unable to share. This was on an Android Samsung S23 Ultra. They get a "File Permissions Required" message. I know nothing about anything Mac, so I have no idea if this is related. But it would probably be best to report this to Evernote support for investigation: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. However, there are knowledgeable Mac users here who may have better ideas.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Do you run the version from the AppStore ?

If yes, uninstall this version, get the direct download from the EN website, install it and log in. The full download takes a while, so keep the app open in the Background.

The App Store version runs the same code as the direct app, but executes it in a sandbox. This is known to give problems with other apps.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
19 minutes ago, cheeky bolt said:

I do run the version from the AppStore.  I tried your suggestion, but it did not solve the problem. Thanks though.

Are you sure you did uninstall the AppStore version ? I am not sure about the way to uninstall, I switched to the direct install with my legacy client, and never went back to the AppStore version again.

You could try the app AppCleaner, that allows to remove every trace of an app, including its settings and database. The AppStore version installs the local database into another path on the drive than the direct download - it is important to remove this folder.

The AppStore version installs here: ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data . The symbols at the beginning stands for your user account. It may be that to see this folder, you need to unhide the hidden folders on your Mac. If this path still exists, the uninstall hasn't removed everything.

It is typical that the sharing can go down with the AppStore version - I never had this problem again after switching to the direct download.

54 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Are you sure you did uninstall the AppStore version ? I am not sure about the way to uninstall, I switched to the direct install with my legacy client, and never went back to the AppStore version again.

You could try the app AppCleaner, that allows to remove every trace of an app, including its settings and database. The AppStore version installs the local database into another path on the drive than the direct download - it is important to remove this folder.

The AppStore version installs here: ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data . The symbols at the beginning stands for your user account. It may be that to see this folder, you need to unhide the hidden folders on your Mac. If this path still exists, the uninstall hasn't removed everything.

It is typical that the sharing can go down with the AppStore version - I never had this problem again after switching to the direct download.

Yes, I followed Apple's instructions for uninstalling an app.  The direct download from Evernote did not give me the option to share at all.  I anticipate that is because I can only share from one Mac application to another -- hope that makes sense.   

• Level 5

Sharing works with the direct install, and usually it is enabled when the app is installed. If not, it is blocked by a prior install, which likely is the AppStore version.

The Apple method does only remove the app itself, not the related data and setting. And this is what’s blocking your sharing.