Sketch does not work Samsung tablet

I am having problems using sketch on a Samsung S6 Lite tablet.

I can use sketch with my finger and it works correctly, but if I use the s-pen it immediately locks the sketch tool and does not work with either finger or pen, it only allows me to exit the sketch option and I can open it immediately. The problem is when I use the pencil.

I have tried removing features from the s-pen in case that is what creates a conflict, but it hasn't changed the results.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur dijo:

There are 2 other recent threads here reporting much the same thing, so you're not alone. Just tried this on my S22 Ultra, and it worked. I'm on Evernote v. 10.50.4--what version do you have? Other threads: Samsung S23 Ultra S Pen not working with SketchProblem writing with stylus on Samsung TAB S7 on Android 13.

That's exactly what happens to me, a dot appears when using the pencil and it stops working.

I'm currently on version 10.50.4. Samsung Tab s6 Lite, Android 13

• Like 2
On 5/21/2023 at 4:25 PM, Jvier said:

I can use sketch with my finger and it works correctly, but if I use the s-pen it immediately locks the sketch tool and does not work with either finger or pen, it only allows me to exit the sketch option and I can open it immediately. The problem is when I use the pencil.

I have tried removing features from the s-pen in case that is what creates a conflict, but it hasn't changed the results.

I am having exact same issue with Galaxy tab 8.

It is fine if I use finger from start, if I use s pen can draw for 2 seconds then it stops. Can erase or highlight & move highlighted area with pen but not draw or highlight. Using version evernote version 10.51, and latest Android version 13.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im exploring other apps because I need this working, and am experiencing the same issue.  I need to reduce my paper footprint, and need notes i take to go right into evernote.  Actually evaluating onenote for working functionality.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been having this same issue since May.  Now it's the end of July.  I wish we new if this was going to get fixed, or are we going to have to explore new programs.  Over this time period where Evernote is not working.  I have been using Microsoft OneNote and I am starting to like this sketching part with the Samsung pen.  More I am on it - maybe the more I am able to switch.

Has anyone been able to fix this samsung pen issue yet?

What other programs has people been using to keep working with "Sketches" in the meantime?

• Like 1

I had no choice but to switch to one note. After using evernote for 10 yrs it took a slight adjustment which was annoying but my frustration is over now that my productivity has returned. I mainly use evernote for sketch and photo for my projects. If they fix it I will be back. Oh reminds me I should cancel my service or get a credit right! If there was somone to speak to - how pathetic! 100 million downloads and not a tech expert of customer interface. What's really going on?  If evernote is reading this contact me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. These are basically user-to-user, so it's not likely that Evernote is reading. You can contact support here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. The billing page in the online account settings has a link at the bottom to cancel: https://www.evernote.com/BillyBillingProfile.action. Can't promise how well it works....

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 4:55 PM, Jvier said:

Exact same issue in Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 1:55 AM, Jvier said:

I have the very same problem! Have you got any ideas on how to fix it?

• Level 5

Let me ask what versions of Evernote and of Android you all have. My S22 Ultra phone now has Android 14, and I just got Evernote v. 10.60. Finger sketching works fine. S Pen does not: it does air sketching, recording every movement I make above the phone onto the sketch. Have you checked for updated app versions?

• 4 weeks later...

Having the same issue on my old Galaxy S3 🤐. I thought I would solve this by upgrading the tablet but it seems as this is not the right option?

Anyone of you received an answer from the technical support?

• 4 weeks later...
On 21.05.2023 at 09:55, Jvier said:

I have the same issue on my tablet Lenovo P11 Plus with Lenovo Precision Pen 2.

I opened a support ticked describing the problem and mentioned that according to community on the forum this problem is not fixed for more than a half of year.

App version: latest (10.66.0)

• Like 1