There are a couple of posts related to  this version (  all happened after launching the new edit feature) .

Anybody was able to solve the issue ? for the subscription of the professional  version , it's difficult to accept  uncooked version are released (  it's a short blanket ;  when they cover the feet ,  they uncover the head...) 

did it happen to you ?  the feedback from mu support ticket is , as usual , far less efficient than other users feedback  ( feedback from  EN support  escalate my issue ,  but no idea what is happening ) . as per today ,  my tasks do not sync  between the Windows app and the rest of the app ( web and iOs / iPados) 

• Level 5

Have you yet tried this: Log out, then quit the app. Uninstall using Revo Uninstaller. Restart the PC. Open it, download the direct version from the EN website. Install, open, log in. 

If it still gives you problems with syncing, it may be another software (out of the millions of apps trying to make Windows "more secure") is interfering.

• Level 5

Revo removes what the Windows uninstaller leaves: Settings, Registry, App Data.

EN ist sensitive tho all three.

After you reopen EN fresh, it will download a new database from the server. Let it run, can be in the background.

• Thanks 1

I have the same issue and support send me the following instructions:

1. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys to open the task manager
2. Select More Details to view the background processes
3. Select any processes with "Evernote" in the title, and end them (End Task)
4. Open File Explorer (fka Windows Explorer)
5. Paste %appdata% into the address bar and press Enter
6. Rename the Evernote folder to Evernote.old
7. Launch Evernote again and sign in

I followed the instructions and it worked. But after a while I ran into the error of the repetitive task that when I marked it completed it returned to appear incomplete. I deleted that task and my tasks no longer appeared.

And now the previous instructions no longer work either.

I am waiting for an answer from support.