Emailed Table aligns differently than in a Note

In my Note the text inside of a Table aligns Top-Left the way it should, but when I email myself a copy it's aligned Centered, as in attached image. This isn't good for when I have a lot of text inside of one of the cells. Any ideas how to fix this?

SCR-20230504-hvak.png

1 hour ago, scottr99 said:

Any ideas how to fix this?

Does this work for your particular table? Highlight entire table and then from the dropdown menu choose "Allign conrtent to top".

image.png.2295492c1e235c45fb3129750d1d1264.png

• Like 1

There's another problem/BUG with Table alignment: when you use the full table alignment, once you leave left alignment (using center or right align), you cannot go back to left align. Argh!

4 minutes ago, scottr99 said:

There's another problem/BUG with Table alignment: when you use the full table alignment, once you leave left alignment (using center or right align), you cannot go back to left align. Argh!

I don't think this is a general problem, it is one associated with some imported tables. All the ones I've tried work fine. Is there another way of getting the table into EN rather than emailing it in? e.g.  what happens if you simply copy and paste it. If it is all in an html content box then you will need to simplify it first but I guess you know that already.

41 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I don't think this is a general problem, it is one associated with some imported tables. All the ones I've tried work fine. Is there another way of getting the table into EN rather than emailing it in? e.g.  what happens if you simply copy and paste it. If it is all in an html content box then you will need to simplify it first but I guess you know that already.

The problem I'm having is with a EN table, not an imported table. To give you an example try this: 1) select upper left corner of table to select the entire table, 2) use the alignment dropdown menu button to right-align everything in the table, 3) now try going back to left-align.  For me I cannot go back to left align.

44 minutes ago, gazumped said:

How about printing the note to PDF and emailing the file?  Or - if you're sending this to yourself - use a note link or open in Evernote??

For me making a PDF from the table is even worse than just emailing it.

26 minutes ago, scottr99 said:

The problem I'm having is with a EN table, not an imported table. To give you an example try this: 1) select upper left corner of table to select the entire table, 2) use the alignment dropdown menu button to right-align everything in the table, 3) now try going back to left-align.  For me I cannot go back to left align.

Sorry, I can't reproduce this. It works perfectly for me.

10.56.8-win-ddl-public (4069)
Editor: v168.1.20898
Service: v1.68.4
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Level 5

About alignment: I second @Mike P - it works without any problem on the Mac as well, same version, direct download.

Both full selection, column or row selection and individual cells are working, allowing any alignment.

Edit: This is left/center/right. Where seems to be a problem ist Top/center/Bottom, and only in pdf export.

@scottr99 Sorry for the first observation, it was not complete.

Next best step: Contact support.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

About alignment: I second @Mike P - it works without any problem on the Mac as well, same version, direct download.

Both full selection, column or row selection and individual cells are working, allowing any alignment.

Boy that is strange.

V. 10.55.2 (On a mac).

7 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Sorry, I can't reproduce this. It works perfectly for me.

10.56.8-win-ddl-public (4069)
Editor: v168.1.20898
Service: v1.68.4
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Ok, thanks for your input Mike.

• Level 5
1 minute ago, scottr99 said:

Boy that is strange.

V. 10.55.2 (On a mac).

See my edit above, I corrected my result.

Horizontal alignment works, vertical alignment not. I didn't print, I used the pdf export. Printing may give a different result, it uses another driver.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just fyi to anyone wanting to save a table in a readable format that is just like it appears in the Note is to export it as a HTML file. It comes out perfect with this approach, unlike the PDF approach.

• Like 1