Previous Version

Anyone know how I can go back to the previous version of Evernote? I really don't care for the new look, particularly the black side bar which is difficult for my eyes to see (I have vision problems) and I liked how my shortcuts were just there without all this other ***** that I don't use or know what to do with. I liked it just simple, simple worked well for me. Some of my notes also seem to be in html which I really don't want. I liked the simple format which copy and pasted much better between applications like my study bible.

How can I just remove Evernote 10.56.8 and go back to the version before it came out?

PS...  And I don't want a home or a customized home, I just want it to open to my notes as it always did. I think I conveyed this same complaint when the version on my iPad was changed to this home look. I don't need or want any of that, I just need to go directly to my notes... Why is this so hard to keep what I had?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  A web search will give you links back to previous versions - there have been some recent links in the Forums here.  If you're considering going back to Legacy,  be aware that it's no longer supported,  and while Evernote (apparently) have no short-term plans to close access down,  developments in operating systems and browsers are already compromising some features on Macs.

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  A web search will give you links back to previous versions - there have been some recent links in the Forums here.  If you're considering going back to Legacy,  be aware that it's no longer supported,  and while Evernote (apparently) have no short-term plans to close access down,  developments in operating systems and browsers are already compromising some features on Macs.

Ok, so what I want is Evernote legacy. And is there a way to flag it where it never updates?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Soapm said:

Never mind, turns out I had the legacy version in my download folder. I'm guessing I went down this road before.

Glad you found it - but if that turns out to be 6.25.1 you will get update alerts.  6.25.2 and 6.25.3 were fixes to avoid any conflicts with the new version.

• Level 5

A user in another thread, someone who is reliable, said that he had reinstalled legacy from https://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.25.3.9348.exe. @Soapm, I understand your preference for simplicity in look and function. But the new features, and even the new look, have been beneficial for quite a few people. It's unusual, frankly, for Evernote to make an older version available at all when they have put time and money into something that many find desirable. I hope you understand that the rest of us wish not to be limited by those who liked it a certain way, and that way only.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, gazumped said:

Glad you found it - but if that turns out to be 6.25.1 you will get update alerts.  6.25.2 and 6.25.3 were fixes to avoid any conflicts with the new version.

I'm not sure what I have but it says this in the about screen...

6.17.6.8292 (308292) Public (CE Build ce-62.1.7539)

3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

A user in another thread, someone who is reliable, said that he had reinstalled legacy from https://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.25.3.9348.exe. @Soapm, I understand your preference for simplicity in look and function. But the new features, and even the new look, have been beneficial for quite a few people. It's unusual, frankly, for Evernote to make an older version available at all when they have put time and money into something that many find desirable. I hope you understand that the rest of us wish not to be limited by those who liked it a certain way, and that way only.

I think you're making an assumption when you say, "most of us" since no official poll was taken (at least no one asked me). If you're saying few are complaining then ok, but that doesn't mean they like the direction the application is going. They may not have taken the time to have their voices heard, just ignored and lived with what they don't like or some may have moved on to other products. In my case, I have a vision problem which makes what many call "dark mode" hard if not impossible to see with functional clarity. I'm not quite color blind, but I can't distinguish many shades of gray.

• Level 5

@Soapm, I didn't quite say "most of us," but it's true that I haven't taken a poll. But if you haven't taken one either, then neither of us knows whether people who don't post complaints in the forums are happy or unhappy with the direction of Evernote's changes.

For me the important thing is that the new Evernote is not usable for you due to your vision issues. That's the kind of thing that Evernote should work on. I hope you'll contact Evernote directly about this--they should fix things that cause problems for people with any kind of medical issue. In fact, Evernote's product lead, a man named Federico, has been posting actively in the forums, and has invited feedback at federico@evernote.com. You might want to write to him directly.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

@Soapm, I didn't quite say "most of us," but it's true that I haven't taken a poll. But if you haven't taken one either, then neither of us knows whether people who don't post complaints in the forums are happy or unhappy with the direction of Evernote's changes.

For me the important thing is that the new Evernote is not usable for you due to your vision issues. That's the kind of thing that Evernote should work on. I hope you'll contact Evernote directly about this--they should fix things that cause problems for people with any kind of medical issue. In fact, Evernote's product lead, a man named Federico, has been posting actively in the forums, and has invited feedback at federico@evernote.com. You might want to write to him directly.

Will do, thanks!!!