They communicate! - price increase, fixes and features - thoughts?

https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-pricing-upcoming-features-update/

price increases are coming, we knew that, now we know what they are. 

Fixes for sync (finally!!) are coming (hopefully!) along with ai and other features. 

overall - increases suck but let’s see what they do, I just want better communication. My renewal is September so I have time to see. 

Oh if they could stop the app melting my iPhone when I use it for 5 mins that would be handy too! 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Well,  the boss gave us his (or at least an) email address,  so if you have any opinions,  now might be a good time to air them..  but having been in a service industry myself,  can I please ask that everyone behave like grown-ups and resists the temptation to rant and swear?  A sensible argument will get attention: announcing rudely that you will deprive Evernote of your subscription unless (insert unrealistic upgrade request here) happens,  you may as well save your energy.  By that stage you have zero credibility.

As it happens I pay annually and I think (🙏) that I can get most of a year at my old rates before the new ones (or whatever replaces them) kick in.  Even then the new cost is less than a pack of gum per day,  and you're getting a LOT of upgrades,  plus (all due respect to the old team) a new set of eyes and priorities which sound to me much more positive than I've known for the last few years.

I tend to be a 'glass half full' kinda person,  so YMMV - but I'm definitely hanging around for a while to see what develops - and the new guys are realistic about the value (or otherwise) of AI,  which is a breath of fresh air!

So.  Let's boldly go where no note-taking app has gone before - to infinity and beyond! 

That actually was all me - sorry;  I also ran it through ChatGPT who came up with this for the last line...
"Resistance is futile! Our note-taking app will assimilate all knowledge and go beyond infinity." - not exactly the tone I was going for.  ;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Notion with AI 120 year

Reflect.app with AI 120 year

Obsidian just for synch 96 a year

Most of the newer apps are 10 usd a month so I don't think EN is over priced if they are implementing AI etc.....looking forward to it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5

I'm lucky that my billing date is in the middle of May, so I think I won't get hit with the new price till next year (whatever it may be by then). That should give me lots of time to enjoy the new syncing and work on my suspicions about AI. I am glad for the confirmation that it's opt-in.

• Like 3