remove the 'You are leaving Evernote' page when clicking a link

Please remove the unnecessary step/page that says 'You are leaving Evernote' when I click on a link in Evernote-web. It's really annoying and I hate extra steps!

Of course I want to Continue, I intentionally clicked the friggin link!

image.png.6e6502e9926d5ae24e436f890816459b.png

• Evernote Expert

However, software doesn't know you intentionally clicked it. Touch screen devices are easy to brush over a link and launch something in error.

If you feel you need this then you should open a support ticket to ensure that Evernote staff are aware of your thoughts.

• Like 2

A link is probably unintentionally clicked 1 out of 100 times and even if it is clicked, then clicking a link that I already put in my own notes isn't going to be harmful to me. Most people don't use a touch screen device when using Evernote-web. I thought this is the feature request section, do i still need to submit a support ticket or will they see this request here?

6 hours ago, zachb said:

A link is probably unintentionally clicked 1 out of 100 times and even if it is clicked, then clicking a link that I already put in my own notes isn't going to be harmful to me. Most people don't use a touch screen device when using Evernote-web.

Yeah - I personally agree with that.

6 hours ago, zachb said:

I thought this is the feature request section, do i still need to submit a support ticket or will they see this request here?

You are in the "General Discussions" section, the "Feature Requests" section is here: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/449-product-feedbackfeature-requests/ (there are different forums depending on the OS/platform) or you can see all the different forums here: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/

"Feature Requests" for the forum is a bit of a misnomer in my opinion since forum members will tell you to send feature request feedback directly to Evernote through the apps (and it seems like we get feedback from Evernote Staff on less than 1% of the posted requests -- but it has and does happen from time to time). However, you're more likely to get hints and tips and workaround from fellow Evernote users in these forums which is where I think most of the value lies. Often the way we are doing something or thinking about something can be changed much easier than hoping that Evernote will make a change in the software (as is generally the same with any software with tens of millions of users).

For example, this request that you've made has been asked for since at least as far back as 2016. If it's really a big enough hassle for them (and they are technical enough), some users might take the suggested work-around by @Harristribe about using a tamper monkey script:

(btw - that suggested workaround was over 7 years ago, so not sure it still works)

• Level 5
19 hours ago, zachb said:

Please remove the unnecessary step/page that says 'You are leaving Evernote' when I click on a link in Evernote-web. It's really annoying and I hate extra steps!

Of course I want to Continue, I intentionally clicked the friggin link!

image.png.6e6502e9926d5ae24e436f890816459b.png

@zachb, I am right with you. This is a link that I myself intentionally put into my own note, and I myself intentionally clicked it; and in the unlikely event that I accidentally clicked it, the worst that can happen is that I have to hit Alt + <; the best is that I learn to click a little more carefully.

Follow @Boot17's links to try to make some useful noise about this. But keep your expectations really low. This little ball of update dropped in late 2016; the thread to which Boot17 linked has been continuously active since then, and has 150 replies and 154 upvotes (by far the highest number in that forum). But here we still are. I was so hoping Evernote 10 would kill it off, but no. One of the very few things about Evernote that makes me say :angry:.

• 10 months later...