Loss of note information

achrafb

Idea

Since yesterday, I have started to suffer from losing information from my notes, yesterday I have completed a project and I have lost it all, the note only had the title and tags, all the content has been deleted. and I said: probably I have done something wrong, but today it happened again. 

I'm using the latest version: 10.55.2 on windows

• Like 1

16 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hello, and welcome to the forums. This it sounds to me as if the information did not sync properly to or from Evernote's servers at some point. If you're using the Windows desktop app, you could try using the Web client (https://www.evernote.com/) and see if your information is there. That client connects directly to Evernote's servers. If you have a paid subscription, you could access the note history to see if an earlier version of the data is there. (If you're on the free plan, you could subscribe for just one month to have access to note history, which is maintained for free as well as paid accounts.)

• Thanks 2

I have indeed entered the WEB and the information is not there, even from a note I have just made, Only the title tags and little text of the notes are saved.  I thought it might be my PC and network issues, but it's not, because if I create a note in WEB it immediately reflects the desktop programme. 

• Level 5
7 hours ago, achrafb said:

I have indeed entered the WEB and the information is not there, even from a note I have just made, Only the title tags and little text of the notes are saved.  I thought it might be my PC and network issues, but it's not, because if I create a note in WEB it immediately reflects the desktop programme. 

So it seems as if full note data is syncing out of the Web interface, to Evernote's servers, and down to your desktop program, but not up from your desktop program, to Evernote's servers, and then into the Web interface. If this is continuing to happen with new notes created in the desktop program, then indeed you should probably contact support. (Be aware that, as with most tech support these days, they will ask you to do things you've already done.) If you're not a paying subscriber, you can subscribe for just one month to get support, or I think you can reach out to Evernote support on Twitter.

On 4/17/2023 at 8:57 AM, achrafb said:

Since yesterday, I have started to suffer from losing information from my notes, yesterday I have completed a project and I have lost it all, the note only had the title and tags, all the content has been deleted. and I said: probably I have done something wrong, but today it happened again. 

I'm using the latest version: 10.55.2 on windows

Same here, and it's not the first time.  At first I thought that I may not remember correctly, but now that it has happened a number of times, and latest yesterday, I know that it's a fact.  I lost a bunch of work from yesterday.  Is this anyway recoverable? 

I have the same problem where the you can see the note as a preview in the list window but nothing in the main window.

I can email a copy of the notebook to myself and the information is all there, which I then copy back into a new note... but this is happening on a lot of my Notebooks now.

4 hours ago, There is no Spoon said:

I have the same problem where the you can see the note as a preview in the list window but nothing in the main window.

I am finding at the moment that it can take several seconds for a note to be rendered. I'm guessing there is some precaching going on, as notes where the note snippet is visible open instantaneously, but notes that I open immediately after scrolling to make them visible, take 5 to 15 secs. In my case it is clearly a note rendering rather than data loss issue. As the data is in the note snippet I hope it is for you too.. I do find that forcing a reload (ctrl+shift+R on Windows) immediately renders the note content. I would be interested to see if that works for you.

• Level 5

This has to do with RTE - the note is converted to the new structure when it’s opened. EN staff has communicated they are working on the issue to speed things up. Text only notes should be opening rather fast, longer notes or those with attachments need longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5
6 hours ago, Mike P said:

I am finding at the moment that it can take several seconds for a note to be rendered. I'm guessing there is some precaching going on, as notes where the note snippet is visible open instantaneously, but notes that I open immediately after scrolling to make them visible, take 5 to 15 secs. In my case it is clearly a note rendering rather than data loss issue. As the data is in the note snippet I hope it is for you too.. I do find that forcing a reload (ctrl+shift+R on Windows) immediately renders the note content. I would be interested to see if that works for you.

6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

This has to do with RTE - the note is converted to the new structure when it’s opened. EN staff has communicated they are working on the issue to speed things up. Text only notes should be opening rather fast, longer notes or those with attachments need longer.

I just got the update to Windows app v. 10.56.9. Seeing what @Mike P is seeing, though at most a 5-second delay. Appreciate the explanation, @PinkElephant. As we await the fix, I invite my fellow sufferers to list all the ways in which we wish our lives were better while waiting for a note to be displayed. If you can do them all, consider yourself fortunate. 😃 Or, stated more simply: 5 seconds--life is short, but not that short.

EDIT: See the explanation from Evernote staffer Scott T. (and the add-on from Federico 2 posts further down):

Hi, I just realized I had a similar issue, though just with one note so far. The note was made back in April through the web client but I just noticed today all the info on it was gone. Its not a loading issue, it's completely blank. There is also a duplicate of the note, also blank, dated to the third. I don't think I've edited the note since I first created and wrote it. (Never used a forum before, apologies if this should be its own "idea")

• Level 5
22 hours ago, Atticus Atlas said:

Hi, I just realized I had a similar issue, though just with one note so far. The note was made back in April through the web client but I just noticed today all the info on it was gone. Its not a loading issue, it's completely blank. There is also a duplicate of the note, also blank, dated to the third. I don't think I've edited the note since I first created and wrote it. (Never used a forum before, apologies if this should be its own "idea")

Welcome to the forums. You're good. Your best bet might be to use the Note History feature (in the ... menu to the right of the green Share button at top right). History is kept for all accounts, but is only accessible with a paid subscription. If you're on a free account, you can subscribe for just one month to do this, and then drop back to free.