Notes only shows the first line on android mobile

Hello,

Evernote version: 10.48

I've been using notes free version for a very long time, just recently it stops showing the entire note content on my android mobile. When I try to open any note, it only display the note title and first line of the note content. On my laptop though, it works fine and displays the entire content. Please help..🙏

Screenshot_20230415-124647_Evernote.jpg

Screenshot_20230415-124658_Evernote.jpg

• Level 5

Probably the simplest approach would be to reset the app. By this I mean log out of it, maybe restart your mobile, and then log back in. If that doesn't work, then you could uninstall the app from your mobile and reinstall it. If you have any notes that are available offline, first make sure that they are up to date, and of course sync your notes before you uninstall. After uninstalling, restart your mobile, then re-install Evernote. Give it a couple of minutes to sync, and see if things are better. If you've been careful to sync before uninstalling, you won't lose anything this way, since the master copy of your notes is stored on Evernote's servers.

On 4/20/2023 at 5:25 AM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Probably the simplest approach would be to reset the app. By this I mean log out of it, maybe restart your mobile, and then log back in. If that doesn't work, then you could uninstall the app from your mobile and reinstall it. If you have any notes that are available offline, first make sure that they are up to date, and of course sync your notes before you uninstall. After uninstalling, restart your mobile, then re-install Evernote. Give it a couple of minutes to sync, and see if things are better. If you've been careful to sync before uninstalling, you won't lose anything this way, since the master copy of your notes is stored on Evernote's servers.

I tried this method, but it didn't work.

• Level 5
10 hours ago, zuiwo said:

I tried this method, but it didn't work.

Since we are just other users here, we may not be able to suggest much more. There are two reports here, but it does not seem to be a widespread problem. If you are on a paid plan, you can contact Evernote support at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. If not, I think you can reach out to them on Twitter. If the problem persists, it might be worth subscribing for just one month in order to get support.

On 4/22/2023 at 1:22 AM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Since we are just other users here, we may not be able to suggest much more. There are two reports here, but it does not seem to be a widespread problem. If you are on a paid plan, you can contact Evernote support at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. If not, I think you can reach out to them on Twitter. If the problem persists, it might be worth subscribing for just one month in order to get support.

• Thank you. I'll try

• Like 1
On 4/21/2023 at 2:25 PM, zuiwo said:
Encountered the same issue on my mobile phone,Android dev still out of control.

I solved the problem.

First, you create a new note on the Android app, and after synchronization, open the note on your laptop. edit it. Then create a similar note on the computer. Open it on the Android app after syncing. that's it. Hope you can solve the problem too.

On 4/19/2023 at 9:46 PM, pongs said:

anybody can help me resolve this issue, please??

I solved the problem.

First, you create a new note on the Android app, and after synchronization, open the note on your laptop. edit it. Then create a similar note on the computer. Open it on the Android app after syncing. that's it. Hope you can solve the problem too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 8:29 AM, agsteele said:

The post immediately above yours offers a resolution. I've no idea whether it will work but you could try what is already suggested.

Kind of amusing that you pointed to the post above his as a “resolution”. Equally amusing that the poster of the “resolution” stated that he’d “solved the problem”.

If the app is not operating normally the problem is not “solved” and if the “resolution” involves juggling the same note tediously across two devices then it’s not a resolution.

Seems more like a way of dismissing the poster’s concern by blaming him for the problem. But what do I know, I’ve just been sent here by another frequent poster stating that this thread offered a solution of some sort. To a completely different issue...

The notes aren't lost: you find them on the web and with the windows app. You can even see them in the preload windows and the widget of the phone.

I discovered there's another part of this issue: few notes are ok (why..?). But these ones can't be edited on the web: they can't record.

evernote.png

• Like 1

I'm having this problem as well. One thing to be aware of: Be VERY careful to not edit and save a post on your Android device if that note is misbehaving. My experience is that if you save a truncated note on the Android device, it will save it on the server in the corrupted state. When you check on the note through the desktop app, it will now only have the first line of the note and nothing else.

• Level 5
On 5/9/2023 at 1:32 PM, Pierre Jeanson said:

The notes aren't lost: you find them on the web and with the windows app. You can even see them in the preload windows and the widget of the phone.

I discovered there's another part of this issue: few notes are ok (why..?). But these ones can't be edited on the web: they can't record.

evernote.png

Sure there is a problem with THIS web client.

It is the old (classical) version, unsupported since appr. 1 year. It does not show part of the content created by the actual version of all clients.

EN warned about it back then, and proposed to use the new, v10 web client. The switch is in your account settings, account overview.

• Thanks 1

Yes. same with me almost 95% of notes are missing the body content but like everybody else only the header is visible from my phone but from web it is working. I removed Evernote app and reinstall back but still the same. I also cleared my phone cache again same problem.

I'm having this issue as well - of only the first line showing on my phone -  and also one of my old notes lost some of its content - even when I log on with my laptop...very annoying as I have been using Evernote for years and never had any issues until the recent update.....

After finding this thread and making my post, I have discovered that old notes seem to display correctly. It's the newer ones that have the problem. I have admittedly been using Evernote much less since February because of this and other performance issues on the Android, so I don't know specific dates when the problem started. My last good note was created on February 12. The next note I created was May 11. It doesn't display correctly.

Also of note: When I update old notes, I can see the changes just fine on my Android device.

I have a ticket open with Evernote.

Edited by F Summers
I incorrectly used the word posts when I meant notes.

Hi, all. As I noted earlier, I opened a ticket with Evernote. I was informed that the developers made a change on the Evernote backend to resolve the issue. If you are still experiencing the problem, it is recommended that you follow the steps below in the order specified (even if you've done them before):

1. Open the Play Store.
  2. Search for Evernote, choose it, then tap Uninstall.
  3. Restart your Android device.
  4. Download Evernote from the Play Store.

After performing these steps as requested by Evernote Customer Service, the problem now appears to be resolved for me.

Good luck, everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

☹ Sorry to hear that. 

I can't think of anything else they had me do that might have helped. 

Well, there's this: 

On Friday, they gave me these instructions for the desktop app:

• Sign out of your Evernote account.
  • Restart your device.
  • Sign in back to your account.

I can't imagine this having any effect at this point, but you might try it.

Evernote admits it's a bug and they are fixing it.  A note from Evernote support on this:

Our developers are aware of the issue and we are working on releasing a fix for this problem in our next update. Our best option at this time is to wait for that fix. We plan on starting our 10.51 update tomorrow with it taking roughly a week to fully roll out. It could take longer if any issues are found during the rollout. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today - Tuesday May 23 - there was an update to Evernote from Google Play and now I can see my notes on my phone again - I posted above on May 15 when I could only see the first line or title.....

However, the issue made me think I should find a back-up to Evernote in the future....as the other day I really could have used the access to my notes when I was out and about..

• Like 1