[windows client] can I customize the note editing toolbar?

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

I'd like to be able to add tools to the editing toolbar that I frequently use, e.g. checkbox, divider. Having just migrated from the legacy client, these are no longer on the toolbar.

I realise these are available under e.g. Insert->Divider, but that's an extra click.

I can't find a way to do this. Using Windows client 10.55.2.

• Solution
1 minute ago, Alan Rew said:

I can't find a way to do this. Using Windows client 10.55.2.

I don't think you can customise the toolbar.

I find the "Auto formatting" options very convenient for both the things you mention

--- OR === to insert line
[] to insert checklist or checkbox (if not at the beginning of a line)
[x] to insert checked checklist or checkbox (if not at the beginning of a line)

• Like 2

Using three hyphens is the only way I insert a divider on Desktop. I forgot there was a menu item for it.

@Alan Rew If you aren't already familiar with them, there are more markdown-like shortcuts like the three hyphens for a divider that will also save extra mouse clicks. Those I use most often are for the headers, divider, inline code, code block, and table. For a table, I always just type [][] (brackets) without the x2 and then I hover over the column divider with the mouse to add more columns.

image.png.3ca4d16b00cee0a50d6e48312fadb117.png

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

One other 0-mouse-clicks solution: the Ctrl+Shift+- keyboard shortcut for the divider.

And of course ctrl+shift+c for a check list but it doesn't work for a check box  - even if some text has been typed it will insert a check list box at the beginning of the line. I always use the auto formatting options because they are just so much easier to remember!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

I always use the auto formatting options because they are just so much easier to remember!

Yeah - I think so too. It's especially nice because they are the same across both Windows and Mac where the keyboard shortcuts are sometimes different. Also, all the auto formatting options work on the web version whereas most of the keyboard shortcuts don't.

• Like 2