note disappeared while editing, not in Trash....HELP

I was simply editing a note and it disappeared.  It's not in Trash.  How can this happen?  In this case, the content is very valuable and not reproducible.  I'm suddenly worried that I rely on EN too much.  

• Level 5

Hello, and welcome to the forums. We may or may not be able to give helpful advice in this situation; we're mainly just fellow users here. It would help to have more information about the version of Evernote you were using, the device and operating system, were you on a reliable Internet connection at the time, etc.

Thank you for replying.  I'm using EN 10.53.2 on a Windows 10 PC and that has been my environment for a long time now.  I have a wired Internet connection that hasn't been problematic.  The note was several weeks old and I opened it to add some additional measurements.  It seemed that as I was keying the numbers, the whole note vanished.  No other unexpected things occurred elsewhere.

Is it possible that you (accidentally) moved it to another notebook and now it's no longer in the place you expected it to be? (Have you tried searching for it using keywords that were in the note?)

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, rcfuller1 said:

That was my first thought (hope) too, but no.  I've combed through every notebook and also searched for key data I knew was in the note and no luck.  

Bummer. Only thing I can think is that somehow the note content was somehow overwritten like this particular case (https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/144688-note-disappeared/) or maybe somewhat similar to this one (https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/138048-notes-disappeared-from-web-client/) -- of course it could be totally different too.

If you have a paid subscription you can also send a request to Evernote support -- I think I've seen where people reported support helped them recover missing notes or content.