Note disappeared

Go to solution Solved by MehdiMafi,

Has anyone experienced notes disappeared? Did it happen more than once? 

I grabbed my phone to review my tasks, and as it was trying to load, the note that held default tasks disappeared. I checked my laptop, and it wasn't there either. I grabbed my iPad, and it disappeared from there as well as it was loading. It wasn't in the Trash. 

I contacted support, and they checked my activity logs, saying it needed to be escalated. After almost two weeks, I am still waiting to hear back. In the last follow-up I did, the agent just said that there is a chance that the notes are not recoverable. 

Losing the tasks list you rely on to get your work done is one thing; I'm also worried if I can trust the tool with my notes if there is a chance they disappear with no explanation. 

• Solution

I heard back from the support and was able to recover my note.

1. It looks like at some point I applied a template to the missing note and as a result, the note name was changed and content were removed.
  2. I then deleted the new empty note.
  3. All I had to do was to restore the empty note from the trash and look into the older version of it and recover my original notes. 

The support experience was awesome.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I had a Note content disappear, but not the header. The content can still be seen along the side bar, but is missing within the open note. The back arrow isn't available to use in this case either. As you can see, this is my URGENT to do list. Any advice?

image.png.368e8aef5c0d339808370c4f809e1972.png

• Level 5

Glad you got it figured out, @RobynA! It might be helpful if you'd say how -- others may come here looking for such a solution.

I had something similar happen some months back. Evernote support advised the following:

Select the note(s) that has this issue.
Select File > Export Note...
Choose a destination on your computer and select Save.
Select File > Import... from the menu bar.
Locate and select the ENEX (.enex) file you exported of the note(s).
Click Open. Tags will automatically be imported.

Another option is to use Note History (if you have a paid subscription, or pay for one for just 1 month to get access to the history) and find an earlier version of the note with the content intact. From there you can either restore the note, or perhaps for extra safety, export it, then import it to a different notebook to compare the content.

• Like 1