Search not working with numbers in the search parameters

I have not been able to use search reliably. It appears to have something to do with numbers.  Even though there are many notes with GM1000 or 10 Micron or $1000. they don't appear in the search results. This is whether I select that notebook or everywhere. 

On 2/27/2023 at 5:23 AM, 4dmaze said:

I have not been able to use search reliably. It appears to have something to do with numbers.  Even though there are many notes with GM1000 or 10 Micron or $1000. they don't appear in the search results. This is whether I select that notebook or everywhere. 

Like @PinkElephantI have no problem searching for numbers. The standard advice if you have problems with search is

1. Try it on the web version. As there is no local database, there is less to go wrong!
  2. Rebuild your local database by logging out and choosing "Remove my EN data from this device". When you sign back in the database is then rebuilt which seems rto solve a multitude of search problems.
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, 4dmaze said:

Glad it is working for everyone. Anyone know how I can fix mine? Thanks.

Did you try what @Mike P suggested already?:

19 hours ago, Mike P said:

Rebuild your local database by logging out and choosing "Remove my EN data from this device". When you sign back in the database is then rebuilt which seems rto solve a multitude of search problems.

• Level 5*
On 2/27/2023 at 5:23 AM, 4dmaze said:

GM1000 or 10 Micron or $1000

I wondered if you were looking for just the numbers - from what I remembered Evernote searches from the beginning of strings,  so searching for "1000" (I thought) would not find the numbers you quote,  while searching for "10" should.  However,  I can (apparently) find both of those tems without problems.

I also wondered whether it made a difference what level of account you had,  so I switched to a Basic account I use for testing - and I even found 1000 in this over-complicated note title - "2014_02_06_11_58_37 20100000 - diary - 2010 - part year.pdf" 

So - I'd suggest (in order of difficulty)

1. Sign out of Evernote and back in
  2. Sign out of Evernote / restart device / sign back in
  3. Sign out of Evernote / removing database as above / sign back in
  4. Sign out of Evernote / uninstall app (removing database) / restart device / reinstall app / sign back in

Gazumped, thanks for the suggestions. I went through all of them and I am still having issues with search. Between that and not having a SUM feature in the tables, I guess this just isn't the program for me. Appreciate the help though. 

• Like 1