Free EVERNOTE user w/ 1 device. Had to restart my 1 device as thought new. Can’t get in to my.Notes. What do I do??

I am using the free version of EVERNOTE.  I had to erase and restart my current t iPad as a new device.  EVERNOTE thinks my present decide is a 2nd device for which it wants me to upgrade to premium.  It’s not a second device.  It’s the same old device.  I told it to drop my iPad.  That didn’t help.  Since I’m only entitled to two sync operations a month and now I’ve used one, I can’t afford to make another mistake.  What should I do to access my NOTES?

• Level 5*

Hi.  You may know that it's the same iPad,  but Evernote needs to know that too. Whatever main device you want to view your notes with,  conect to Evernote using that.  When you get the warning about multiple devices,  revoke access for everything apart from the device you're actually using.  That should get you through.  Otherwise you may have to wait for the account to reset after the month,  or subscribe for a month or two to get access back. 

There's more here - Understanding the device limit

Hi. I am getting a similar problem. I only have my iPhone and my browser app. When I logged in a week ago I got a message saying that I have my account open in two iPhones (I only have one), so I revoked the access to one of them (the unused one). A week after, I am logging in and I get the same message as if I was using another iPhone and I am forced to revoke the device again (last time I can do it this month). Is this because of a flaw in the device detection or is it a strategy to get you to subscribe to a premium account?

Evernote.JPG

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Mario O. said:

Is this because of a flaw in the device detection or is it a strategy to get you to subscribe to a premium account?

Hi.  It seems to be because your iPhone idenified itself differently the second time - did you connect through a new phone or a different network?

im having a similar issue. recently downgraded to a free account to see if im really using upgrade features. now all i can do I login to web and I cant access any notes. I just get stuck on the page asking me to upgrade. ive logged in and out of web at least a dozen times. ridiculous. 

hace 5 horas, gazumped dijo:

Hi.  It seems to be because your iPhone idenified itself differently the second time - did you connect through a new phone or a different network?

Thanks for the reply. No, I have been using the same phone and the same app for a long time.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Mario O. said:

Thanks for the reply. No, I have been using the same phone and the same app for a long time.

OK - how come the ID is different?  Regardless:  you know you're using the same phone and I believe you - but Evernote has identified it fyas a different device.  If you're unable to revoke access to an 'extra' device,  your only options are to wait for the lock-out to end,  or to pay for a subscription (even if it's only a month) to remove the lock and get priority access to Support to resolve this.  See Understanding the device limit for more on this.  If you use Twitter,  @EvernoteHelps may be an option. 

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, crystaltn said:

im having a similar issue. recently downgraded to a free account to see if im really using upgrade features. now all i can do I login to web and I cant access any notes. I just get stuck on the page asking me to upgrade. ive logged in and out of web at least a dozen times. ridiculous. 

Hi.  See comments above.  One of the major restrictions of  the free account is the device limit,  as you get access to free storage and all the features of the software - though at 'trial' levels,  rather than production strength. 

hace 28 minutos, gazumped dijo:

OK - how come the ID is different?  Regardless:  you know you're using the same phone and I believe you - but Evernote has identified it fyas a different device.

Exactly, that is why I am asking, seems very weird. I wanted to know if this is a common error people are experiencing. Again, thanks for the reply.

• Level 5

AFAIK they don’t identify the phone itself. I think they send an identifier to the phone, and store it there (like a cookie). It may happen it gets lost, for example with an update. 

In such a case it is the only solution to drop the „old“ device using the devices tab in EN account settings on the web. After that ist should be possible to log in again, which creates a new identifier.

If the old device is not dropped first, trying too hard to log in with the „new“ can result in locking the account.

Hello. I had the same issue all of a sudden today. I only use Evernote on my iphone and imac. Then today, my phone was identified as a second phone (and third device).

My devices were listed as:

imac
(my name)'s iphone
and current device (which was my iphone) 

I've had this phone since 2018 and am on the same network as usual. I saw that there are posts in this forum describing the same issue in 2018. Here is a link to the 2018 thread: 

I have revoked both phones (although it was the same phone, showing up twice) and changed my password as the linked thread indicates. Then I logged in again on my iphone and did not encounter the issue. I hope it doesn't pop up again.