Evernote doesn't recognize I'm online

I use Evernote on a Windows 11 laptop. For the last three or four days, I've had to rebuild my system and set up Evernote again. Now, when I try to log in, the app tells me I'm not online. (This happens after I type in my email and before the password box appears.) Since I'm writing this on your site, I obviously am online. Has anyone else run into this situation? If so, how did you resolve this?

Thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi.  The obvious connection here is rebuilding your system and the Evernote issue - how exactly did you re-install Evernote?  My initial suggestion would be for you to uninstall Evernote / power your laptop off & on / reinstall the app.  If you see the option to 'remove data from this device' at any stage,  please select it. 

This should give you a clean reinstall.  If you're a subscriber you could also contact Support (who are not us).  

• Evernote Expert

Is this a Free account? If so, it is possible that the reinstall is being identified as an additional device and breaching the device limits. If you have a paid subscription then @gazumped 's advice seems best.

https://www.evernote.com/Devices.action

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Understanding-the-device-limit

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Roger Blair said:

What now?

Well,  you might believe that you only have one active device,  but Evernote seem to think otherwise.  The only way to inform them they're wrong is to contact support by Twitter @EvernoteHelps or upgrade (even if only for a month) to get access both to your account,  and to email/ chat support

gazumped, Windows 11 compatibility checker tells me that Evernote is not compatible with Windows 11. That surprises me, since I used it on W11 without problems until I rebuilt the system. I'm not on Twitter; I tried to create an account twice but could not create an account. I can't afford even a single  month of Premium, so it looks like I'm stuck. What else do you suggest?

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, Roger Blair said:

What else do you suggest?

Well I'm using Evernote on Windows 11 without any obvious issues,  and I suspect a lot of others are too..  Your active devices changed when you rebuilt your system - for whatever reason Evernote now believes that your system is a different device.  It should have been possible to unlink one device in favour of your 'new' machine when you first tried to log in.  You could try the standard Support link via https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and sign in as 'guest' to see whether they can help,  or go to Twitter.com on a 'private' page to sign up.  As I have an existing account (or several) I had to use the private page,  but that immediately asked me to log in or sign up.

Other than all the above,  you could set up another Evernote account if you have access to another email address,  and use that while you wait for the unlink feature to come back in a month.  Hope one of those works for you!