F3 Doesn't Let You Add Tag

Go to solution Solved by Paul A.,

So, just took the plunge and switched to Apple Mac from Windows in my life and Evernote. (Love it, by the way - the Mac and Evernote for Mac!)

In the Windows Evernote Client, F2 moves the cursor into the Note Title, and F3 moves you to the Tag area.  Makes you stay keyboard centric for adding notes very efficiently.  

F2 works on Mac, but not F3.

Anyone else notice this?  I searched the forms for "F3" and see no such mention.  So, am I the only Touch-Typist in the Evernote Community?  😅  Any tips for quickly adding a tag besides mouse (Trackpad) clicks?

• Solution
31 minutes ago, JeffreyC said:

So, just took the plunge and switched to Apple Mac from Windows in my life and Evernote. (Love it, by the way - the Mac and Evernote for Mac!)

In the Windows Evernote Client, F2 moves the cursor into the Note Title, and F3 moves you to the Tag area.  Makes you stay keyboard centric for adding notes very efficiently.  

F2 works on Mac, but not F3.

Anyone else notice this?  I searched the forms for "F3" and see no such mention.  So, am I the only Touch-Typist in the Evernote Community?  😅  Any tips for quickly adding a tag besides mouse (Trackpad) clicks?

Welcome to the Mac!

Command + ' jumps to the tag area at the bottom of a note. You should see a popup if you hover over the "add tag" button on the bottom-left of a note which helpfully reminds me whenever I forget. Also, use Command + / to see a list of all keyboard shortcuts. You can filter the shortcuts by typing in "tag" and see a list of potentially useful tag-related shortcuts.

Thanks!  Happy to be "here" @Paul A.

I didn't think to peruse the built-in keyboard shortcuts list.  Just assumed they should be the same.  Teaches me.  :) 

Thank you for pointing this and Command + ' ---- that will keep me in my beloved Touch-Typist mode. :) 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Good move to the Mac, Jeffrey. Welcome to our growing Mac-Community here.

This is a list of keyboard shortcuts in the Mac clients, both v10 and legacy. I think you will manage to reassign your muscle memory:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313358

And here as a reference the same for Windows:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807