Integrate Time Tracking

EqcoCreative

Idea

Would be amazing to have time tracking in Evernote. I realise it's not it's core use, but it's one of the apps I have running all the time and now run all my tasks through it, so would amazing to have Time Tracking as part of the workflow. They could even look at integrating Everhour. 

• Like 3

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

My opinion: This is a typical request of a few users, worthless and only adding clutter for most of us. I understand your use case, but it is better served by one of the independent time tracker apps. They add functions like logging on different projects and having an interface to invoicing.

You can communicate it directly with EN staff by using the feedback option or a support ticket.

I kind of agree with PE. I time track around 20 projects and I'd love to see something inside Evernote but it would never compare with a proper time tracking app or would take years to get to a pro level.

I've found Toggl to be the best but expensive (in a relative sense). To be fair most time tracking apps cost more than the average Evernote subscription but offer great features.

I think.... big think, as not tested, that Toggle sort of integrates with Evernote web, or it used to!

• Like 1

Totally. Asana has a really great integration with Harvest that allows you to start time tracking inside a task - just a simple start/stop timer integration would be wonderful.

• Level 5

A simple start-stop timer is easy to install on most computers. More advanced time tracking solutions are available as well.

We won’t see any of it in EN, if it means an extension to the existing datamodel. Without an extension the data collected will be useless. If you can’t send the time frames to a project control & invoicing solution, it is not worth anything.

Find a solution that works for you - don’t wait for things that won’t happen.

For MacOS, I've found a time tracker called Daily that I dropped $60 on for a lifetime subscription. I had checked out a few others and I settled on Daily as no other seems to have it's unique feature of periodically prompting you for what you are working on.

So I use a time tracker 100% of the time Monday through Friday and Evernote almost all-day/every-day, but I'm not sure about a built-in Evernote Time Tracker. I guess it would depend on how it was implemented but since there is such a varied use case here I think it probably wouldn't have the feature-set that most people need for their specific use cases.

But who knows, maybe they could pull it off and make it convincing... they did that with Tasks for me.