Have to delete cookies in Safari 16.1 every time after a few hours, log back in

In the past month or two, if I don't use the web app in Safari for a couple of hours, it just hangs, searches don't return anything and if I click Home, it starts drawing the note tiles but then stops.

So I have to force a reload and you get the green circle rotation animation for a couple of minutes before it says it can't load try later.

Repeated reloads return the same message.

The ONLY way I've been able to get past it is to delete the Evernote cookie and then reload, which gets me to the login screen and I have to click "keep me logged in for days" again.

Then I use it for awhile and if I return to it after a couple of hours, it gets in the same state, just hangs and force reloads go nowhere and I have to delete cookes again.

Mac OS version is Big Sur 11.7.1 and Safari is the latest version for this OS version.

This problem has been reported in past years, people unable to load the web app, not just in Safari but other browsers and I believe it's been a problem in Windows as well.  But those were occasional and didn't require repeatedly deleting cookies to get the web app to load correctly.

When I see other threads about people rolling back to older versions of the app, it makes it appear that the major code changes about a year ago is just much less performant on the same hardware/OS and browser configs.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, hyyen said:

This problem has been reported in past years, people unable to load the web app, not just in Safari but other browsers and I believe it's been a problem in Windows as well.

Doesn't appear to be a problem for me in Windows,  but when Support are back on duty in a few days it would be worth raising this issue with them if you can... 

• Level 5

BigSur is 2 years back as MacOS - we had Monterey in between, and now have Ventura.

This may be a negative factor, although I doubt it.

Any browser app is sensitive to hiccups in the Internet connection. So how stable is your connection ?

If there are problems to expect, the installed client would be the better solution. It holds a local database, which makes it easier to survive a loss of connectivity.

Just to mention it: On Ventura with 2 Macs, Gigabit-Internet, no problems.

I don't think it's connection related.

Connection is cable Internet and if it's a problem, Evernote wouldn't be the only thing affected.

In any event, the workaround of deleting the cookies is 100% so that wouldn't point to a connection.

I don't use the web app much on my iPad but it's not a problem there either, though I am on iPad OS 16 in that case.