After scanning image, default title "Snapshot" doesn't clear from clipboard, breaking text autocomplete.

Scanning a LOT of documents (Mom's old recipe cards), and I've discovered a 100% reproducible bug:

After scanning, each note is given the default name "Snapshot," which of course I'm replacing. If I double-tap to select the word "Snapshot," then begin typing the desired name, the word "Snapshot" is cleared from the title field—but it is NOT cleared from the clipboard. As a result, iOS autocomplete breaks because whatever I type is preceded by the word "Snapshot."

In the attached example, I highlight "Snapshot," then start typing "Potato." In the autocomplete-suggestion area, you'll see there are no usable suggestions, because Evernote for iOS thinks I've typed "SnapshotPotato." So, again, while "Snapshot" has been removed from the title field, it remains in the clipboard, breaking autocomplete.

While this may seem like a small inconvenience, it would be—if I were scanning one or two documents. But when scanning literally hundreds of documents, this bug is infuriating. Under any other circumstances, typing "Pota" would cause the iPhone to auto-suggest "Potato" (and the same for any other words). But this Evernote bug is preventing me from using auto-suggested text, forcing me to type all words manually—hundreds and hundreds of times.

%22Shapshot%22 highlighted for deletion.jpg

%22Shapshot%22 is not deleted from clipboard.jpg

• Level 5

This is quite a standard behavior, found in text fields on iOS all over.

Even while typing this forum post in Safari, I can observe it. If there is a word already entered, and it is cleared, the autocorrect adds the new text entries to the previous word.

If you call it a bug is up to you. If so, report it to Apple.

22 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

This is quite a standard behavior, found in text fields on iOS all over.

Even while typing this forum post in Safari, I can observe it. If there is a word already entered, and it is cleared, the autocorrect adds the new text entries to the previous word.

If you call it a bug is up to you. If so, report it to Apple.

As usual, you're unhelpful.

It is not "standard behavior." I have never seen this occur in any app except Evernote for iOS. In what other apps does the word "Snapshot"—or other words—appear in text fields, then disappears from the text field while remaining in the clipboard? If you believe this to be acceptable behavior, please provide specific examples.

Furthermore, in Evernote for iOS, if you use the backspace key to remove the word "Snapshot," and THEN type, autocorrect behaves as expected and works correctly. (Image attached.)

Regardless, in what universe is it considered "standard behavior" that typing a new word does NOT properly replace the previously selected word? How is it useful for the highlighted word to disappear from the text field, but not from the clipboard? That's preposterous.

We post issues here because the behavior does not comport with what is expected, and we're hopeful that Evernote will address these issues. If YOU don't have a problem with an behavior that clearly bothers other users, it would be more helpful for you to simply remain silent. Telling us that YOU don't think it's a big deal helps no one.

Autocorrect works correctly after using backspace key.jpg

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, soundsgoodtome said:

we're hopeful that Evernote will address these issues.

Can't comment on what's "standard behaviour" in iOS because I don't use it - but if you want Evernote to see your issue in a timely manner,  you'd best contact Support directly.  We're told Evernote staffers do read these posts,  but whether that this week or in a month or two's time depends purely on chance and whether someone has the time to dip in.  And I believe it is Holiday Time now,  so staff may be a little thin on the ground for a while...