Twitter: Difficulty saving Twitter tweets and threads via EN web clipper or IPhone

Hi,

While in Chrome, I frequently use the EN web clipper to capture tweets and threads from Twitter. I also try to capture from Twitter via my IPhone.   

When reviewing these notes in EN though, these often come through poorly.  The entire thread does not show up or it is an image. And oftentimes, the format is less than useful.  

Does anyone know the best way to clip tweets and/or threads from Twitter either via Chrome or IPhone?

Thank you!

Tom

• Level 5

On the iPhone (or iPad) there is NO web clipper.

The browser extracts content from a website and stores it into a temporary container. You decide about where to clip in the sharing dialogue - this sends the container to the selected app. There the app is extracting what is inside of the container and converts it into the type of content the app is made for.

The receiving app has no control over what will be placed inside of the container. This is the sandboxing principle. It shields the apps from each other, and protects the integrity of the OS and device.

If you want to use the „real“ web clipper, use a desktop browser.

Yes, I realize about the IPhone, and I could have withheld that from my post.

I am primarily concerned about when using Chrome on a Chromebook.  Are you saying that I really don't have the opportunity to use the "real clipper" when using the clipper on Chrome via a Chromebook?

Thanks.

Tom  

• Level 5

No idea about Chrome, no idea about Chromebook. My setup is as Google-free as possible. 

If you can install the EN web clipper as browser extension, it should clip. The „real“ web clipper sends the clip through the API directly to the EN cloud server - it does not use an installed client to process a clip.

• Level 5
5 hours ago, trouwborst said:

Hi,

While in Chrome, I frequently use the EN web clipper to capture tweets and threads from Twitter. I also try to capture from Twitter via my IPhone.   

When reviewing these notes in EN though, these often come through poorly.  The entire thread does not show up or it is an image. And oftentimes, the format is less than useful.  

Does anyone know the best way to clip tweets and/or threads from Twitter either via Chrome or IPhone?

Thank you!

Tom

Leaving the iPhone aside, when you use the Web clipper there is control over what you save: the article as such, a "simplified" version, the entire page, etc. Experimenting with these is generally your best bet. I say this in general terms -- I'm not on Twitter, and don't have specific experience there.