Performance Improvement ?

Go to solution Solved by Boot17,

Hey guys! 

It's me, again. I just wanted to ask if there was any other news because I noticed some really good performance on Evernote, Recently. After the "Bending Spoons" I really don't know the current situation but I guess there is a slight improvement. 

My main issue was always performance. Now, I can't see any duplicate notes or anything else. Is there a performance improvment? did you noticed something similar? 

• Solution

If there was a performance improvement, I'm curious why you mention the "Bending Spoons" connection? (Do you think that perhaps Bending Spoons is already busy at work "fixing" Evernote's code with regard to performance? Because I highly doubt that is the case. These things will take many months just to sign all the paperwork, let alone mixing work culture and getting people up to speed on anything. Plus by all indications, Evernote has already been busy working on a huge sync infrastructure overhaul -- also now in beta is a multi-user edit in the same note at the same time feature.)

I've personally only ever had less than a handful of duplicate notes in the last two years -- so that has remained the same for me.

I think I have seen a gradual increase in performance though -- but nothing over the last couple of weeks strikes me as significant, but maybe that's just because I've generally had an overall positive experience already.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

If there was a performance improvement, I'm curious why you mention the "Bending Spoons" connection? (Do you think that perhaps Bending Spoons is already busy at work "fixing" Evernote's code with regard to performance? Because I highly doubt that is the case. These things will take many months just to sign all the paperwork, let alone mixing work culture and getting people up to speed on anything. Plus by all indications, Evernote has already been busy working on a huge sync infrastructure overhaul -- also now in beta is a multi-user edit in the same note at the same time feature.)

I've personally only ever had less than a handful of duplicate notes in the last two years -- so that has remained the same for me.

I think I have seen a gradual increase in performance though -- but nothing over the last couple of weeks strikes me as significant, but maybe that's just because I've generally had an overall positive experience already.

I just did not heard anything about current situation and wanted to learn if there was something new. Mentioned Bending Spoons because It's much much closer to my country and just though "is there a slight chance of them changing some stuff?" 

I know about the multi-editing, it's my bad. 

My question started because on my computer and phone, there was always a delay between changes. Today, I noticed my phone was working very fast and on my computer I did not had any delayed actions or any sign of performance issue. I heard the news recently and though "huh? maybe this guys are doing something?" 

I was very off the mark. Thank you kind gentleman! have a great day! 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, feyyaz_kasli said:

Hey guys! 

It's me, again. I just wanted to ask if there was any other news because I noticed some really good performance on Evernote, Recently. After the "Bending Spoons" I really don't know the current situation but I guess there is a slight improvement. 

My main issue was always performance. Now, I can't see any duplicate notes or anything else. Is there a performance improvment? did you noticed something similar? 

Yes, I noticed it as well on my android client, it's really responsive since  the V10.43.1 installation 5 days ago. It's a little bit early to draw conclusions, because it's always responsive after a fresh install but I'm hopeful.  Three weeks ago, I did many tests on my android client  to reproduce the performance problems and sent many log files with detailed info and timestamps to support. Maybe they finally found and fixed something, I don't know...

• Like 2
On 11/21/2022 at 11:25 PM, eric99 said:

Yes, I noticed it as well on my android client, it's really responsive since  the V10.43.1 installation 5 days ago. It's a little bit early to draw conclusions, because it's always responsive after a fresh install but I'm hopeful.  Three weeks ago, I did many tests on my android client  to reproduce the performance problems and sent many log files with detailed info and timestamps to support. Maybe they finally found and fixed something, I don't know...

9 days after the fresh install, saving a newly created note has become slow again (between 20 and 130 seconds), which is unfortunate since jotting down small notes is my main use case on the mobile client. And I wouldn't mind if this saving would happen in background, but it is blocking the editor until it's completely saved. I can't do anything else but waiting until my note is closed before switching of my phone.

At the bright side, saving changed notes stays more or less responsive (2 to 5 seconds). I have the impression that this has been improved.

To answer the initial question: no. No increased performance noticed the last weeks, now on EN 10.44.1 with two devices. One slow, the second nearly dead slow performance (that is waiting for seconds after pressing buttons in the gui to react). For me still far away from responsive. I mean, the responsiveness I expect from a mobile note taking app as we get from OneNote, Keep, Evernote 8.13.3