Scan to PDF

Wayne Villars

Idea

Currently, the scan feature on the Android app only allows for scanning to a .png. That's fine for a receipt. But if I want to scan a multipage document, I want it to get saved as a PDF. Please enable me to choose which format I want to save the scan in. Look at Microsoft Lens. That's a great scanning app.

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

There are good scanning apps out there - that’s why I think EN does not need yet another one.

The current scan to png is ok for the occasional quick shot.One should keep in mind that handwriting is only made searchable in picture files. For this use the EN scan is fine, because it can „wrap“ several pages of scans into the note as envelope.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Well, you made the mistake yourself to choose Android before checking all options thoroughly.

For iOS there is the marvelous, technically leading, superslick Scannable app, Free and courtesy of EN, developer and marketeer. You will just not find an iPhone if you peel your Pixels hard shell away to make use of it 🧐 So you stay out of the glorious land where milk and honey flows, and scans numerous as the stars in the sky populate the accounts of countless EN users.

OK, seriously: In my opinion your are not missing much. A former EN management decided to buy the Scannable App years ago. It does receive an update every year or so, but without really adding functions. It syncs right into your EN account, but beside this it is a mediocre scanning app, and you feel it’s aging.

Yes, I agree. When I switched from an iPhone 13 Pro Max to a Galaxy s22 Ultra, I soon discovered that Scannable wasn't available. There are free apps on the Play Store to replace it. Most, if not all of the apps I tried are freemium apps. You get constant reminders to upgrade the apps. A lot of the apps that I tried wanted me to sign up for a monthly subscription. That's a little too much to ask IMHO. I did try Adobe PDF scanner. It too had adds, and also isn't free without adds. My problem with it is it had a lot of trouble actually scanning documents. It was very slow when it came to scanning. Like Pink Elephant said, there is Microsoft Lens. I'm not sure if it's Freemium app or not, but I'm sure it is.  I'm going to go with the Google Drive scanner for now, even though I haven't really tried it. But at least it's free, since I already have a Paid Google account.