Sorting a checklist alphabetically in Evernote

How to sort alphabetically a checklist? I haven't find anywhere how to do that useful and handy sort.

If actually the alphabetically sort of a checklist is not available, it's a lack that , I'm sure a lot of user of Evernote would appreciate. 

If you make a check list , for instance for all I need for preparing a painting work, I add new data which may be are already in my list. With an alphabetic organisation, it's very easy to verify and, more, if  I think to an item, to find it just by its name (alphabetic) instead having to search by reading all the list to find if I have already put in.

Hope to have an answer and, better, to discover that Evernote have resolved this expectation. Thank you

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's no way to sort a checklist in the way you describe.

In terms of finding out whether data is already in your list,  there are various options: manually sort the list as you create it,  use a note search to see whether keywords exist,  or use another app to create the list and to sort random entries into alpha order.

It's still a shame that Evernote does not offer this alphabetical listing which, for good reasons, is still rampant in the use of dictionaries and especially address books. Evernote should look into the subject, since it uses it for the classification of notebooks for the same good reasons. 

• Like 2

It's always a shame to have to look elsewhere for a good application to solve a problem that the application was unable to offer.

Imagine you had to create your own alphabetical list of contacts for your address book outside of the application that would catalog your contacts in bulk.

Get over it! ...

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Dominique Antony said:

It's still a shame that Evernote does not offer this alphabetical listing which, for good reasons, is still rampant in the use of dictionaries and especially address books. Evernote should look into the subject, since it uses it for the classification of notebooks for the same good reasons. 

We users have suggested thousands of features and tweaks that Evernote may be working on in order,  but so many suggestions,  so little time...

• Like 1
  • Level 5
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

We users have suggested thousands of features and tweaks that Evernote may be working on in order,  but so many suggestions,  so little time...

In order ... maybe that's why it's taking them so long to get to my obviously brilliant and necessary suggestion ... they are going through them in alphabetical order, and I suggested Zoom interconnectivity. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2