Super Slow and Not worth the time anymore.

Wow do I love the features.  When I started using this years ago it increased my productivity.  It was my sole note taking and "filing/archiving" app.  I want to hold on and wait for improvements but I'm not sure they are coming.  I would have tagged myself in another thread about the slowness....BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY THREADS TO CHOOSE FROM.  Everyone is having the same trouble with the slow loads and declining performance.  Hopefully making a new thread gets someone's attention!!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  You've not mentioned your device,  OS or which Evernote version(s) you might have tried,  whether you've reported this slowness to Support and what their reaction might have been.  So yay you got my attention - but Evernote are already working on speeding things up from their end and it works fine for me and (AFAIK) many others here;  and I'm just another user - if you want to have a conversation with Evernote,  the Support or Feedback links are teh way to go...

• Like 1

Windows 11 on Desktop & Android on Phone and Tablet work fine for me.  Have done since 2011.  My productivity and use of Evernote has increased exponentialy since V10 Home, Task & Calendar came into being.

I have been a user since sometime around its beginning.  I think 2004.  I am having trouble scrolling through notes that contain images.  This is especially true on my Mac.  The scrolling hangs when it tries to move past an image.  My work around in the past was to move over to the right scroll bar and move past the images.  The scroll bar movement tab disappears quickly.  I am running Evernote on a new MacMini with a lot of memory.  I cannot find a place to report bugs directly to Evernote.  Would anyone have a suggestion on where to go to report bugs directly to Evernote?

• Level 5*
On 11/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, FarmingMinute said:

I have been a user since sometime around its beginning.  I think 2004.  I am having trouble scrolling through notes that contain images.  This is especially true on my Mac.  The scrolling hangs when it tries to move past an image.  My work around in the past was to move over to the right scroll bar and move past the images.  The scroll bar movement tab disappears quickly.  I am running Evernote on a new MacMini with a lot of memory.  I cannot find a place to report bugs directly to Evernote.  Would anyone have a suggestion on where to go to report bugs directly to Evernote?

These Forums are mainly user 2 user but subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and all users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or via the feedback option in most clients).

• Level 5

Looks like a corrupted local database to me. Sorry when I say this again and again, but when my Mac client had been laggy, this solved it. Snappy ever since.

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  5. Let the initial download run, and leave the app open. It will take a while to download the full content, for offline use.