Unable to render this type of image after copy paste from another note - completely unacceptable

How are we supposed to move images from one note to another if we cannot copy paste them from one place to another along with text we'd like in a separate note?  They paste in just fine as screenshots in PNG format, but they can't copy/paste PNG format between notes???

What's the solution - redo all the work? No chance.  Link notes and somehow magically anchor the relevance in the spot needed?  I see posts like this going way back.  Can we not get this fixed? Move back on OneNote?

• Level 5*

Hi.  What device,  OS and Evernote version are you using? Copy and paste should be possible between notes.  Users should also be able to save attachments from a note to the desktop and re-attach them to another note / merge notes together / export a note to ENEX and re-import the content in a new note.  Maybe if you sign out of Evernote and restart your device you'll have some better luck.  Please note we're (mostly) all users here,  not Evernote support - if you have an issue it may be worthwhile contacting the company's official support team.

I have same issue. When I paste into a new note, it pastes inline as image.png. When you hover over it you get "unable to render this type of image"  If I double-click on it, it opens in my image editing program fine.

unable.jpg

• Level 5

Check if the picture type matches the file extension.

There are pictures marked as PNG, but in fact they are JPG (or GIF designated JPG, or ...). Some renderers will show an error, others switch to the correct algorithm to interpret the picture data.

I got the same problem. 

These 2 pictures displays normally in note A.

however, when I copy them and paste into note B, They cannot display in note B. ( the attachment below)

But in the same time, both 2 pics in note A are still all right.

It is so magic.

Please help me solve the problem. Thanks.

My evernote version is 10.46.7-win-ddl-public(3701) in windows10(22H2)

image.png.1d6e8d32e8eec1b0566606dc2f50cfa7.png

9 小時前, gazumped說:

Hi.  Did you copy and paste them directly into note B?  What happens if you copy and paste to your desktop,  then copy from the image there and re-paste to note B?

Thanks. I did the copy and re-paste as you said.

First , there was a image.png on desktop pasted from note A.

But the re-paste picture  to note B from destop is still unable to be rendered.

The same problem is still here in note B. 

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, kido1412 said:

there was a image.png on desktop pasted from note A.

I wondered if part of the problem was that the file didn't have a PNG or JPG extension;  but if it does,  and a normal image file on your desktop can't be 'rendered' in another note,  I'm not sure what is happening.  You're at the 'talk to support' stage now I think.  Just as a final idea - can you add one of the images that are causing you this issue to your next post?  Maybe if we see the image file...  Remember though this is a public forum with no security to speak of,  so don't give away any personal or commercial information!

1 小時前, gazumped說:

I wondered if part of the problem was that the file didn't have a PNG or JPG extension;  but if it does,  and a normal image file on your desktop can't be 'rendered' in another note,  I'm not sure what is happening.  You're at the 'talk to support' stage now I think.  Just as a final idea - can you add one of the images that are causing you this issue to your next post?  Maybe if we see the image file...  Remember though this is a public forum with no security to speak of,  so don't give away any personal or commercial information!

Thanks for your security reminding.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Sorry - that was inconclusive:  I can clip that and similar images from the web into a note,  and copy/ paste those images into another note without any apparent errors... so can't replicate your issue.  You'll need to raise it with support.  Please let us know what they find!

• 3 months later...