Exporting notes on iOS with Apple Shortcuts

I'm writing a Shortcut to export notes from EN to another app. But I'm having a devil of a time figuring out how to do it. When I invoke the shortcut from the share sheet, it sends a link like this to Shortcuts: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s120/sh/3e0ec717-211f-42a0-0327-f64a2337ae8f/bb4a73c5eb5c46d745fe2cda1b700570. The problem is, the page that that link goes to seems unscrapaeble. I can't figure out how to get any information out of it other than the Last Updated date. 

The Evernote Get Notes action is no help, because there's no way to pass any useful information to it from that link, as far as I can tell. 

Shortcuts supports APIs, but I can't see how to use that to get the information I want without building an app. Maybe there's a way, but I can't see it. 

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Please help!

• Evernote Expert

I'm not sure that you'll get much assistance in these forums for working with the API. We're mostly regular users not using the API. I can say that Evernote 10 doesn't support scripting. So I suspect you may be heading down a too hard to do path. Or at least a task that you take on only because you enjoy the challenge.

I've glanced at the developer's documentation, but all I can find are system calls; no way to construct a URI that sends the information I want. 

But I want to be clear that I'm looking for any way to export notes through a Siri Shortcut. At this point the only option I see is to set up a custom Gmail that will auto-forward exported notes into another app, an option I'd really like to avoid. 

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

EN v10 does not support any scripting.

The only way would be to use EN legacy and Apple Script (or maybe Shortcuts).

But legacy is end of life, and when it stops one day, it will not be revived.

I’m not sure what scripting you’re talking about on iOS apart from Shortcuts. And Legacy is available on iOS? Perhaps that could solve the problem…

2 hours ago, eric99 said:

Interesting, in what format is the note exported ? And are attachments exported as well?

Er…it’s not. All it gets is the public URL. Thus my question. 

im beginning to think that the only way to do this is to write a companion app.