And another question re: image is sideways on the left but correct on the right...

I thought of another question... I see some notes that display the image (I use Card view) sideways to the left of the actual note but it's correct on the note itself... See screenshot. Can this be fixed? Thanks again...

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 9.13.30 AM.png

• Level 5

What you see on the card view is not the picture, it is a thumbnail - practically a smaller version of the same picture, created on the EN server.

If it has the wrong orientation, it is because the bot that created it thought this would be the correct view.

You can only try to resize the original picture, create a new note and paste the picture into it - maybe it works. The thumbnail creation in the current note can‘t be fixed.

• Level 5*

I tend to find that sometimes an image has an incorrect/ missing orientation and Evernote has to make its own choice - when that bothers me (about 2 in every 1,000 images) I'll use an external image editor to look at the picture.  If the orientation is wrong I fix it and resave the file - and suddenly all instances show up looking the same.

I use XNViewMP - https://www.xnview.com/en/ - to edit from and save back to Evernote.  NB if you fix a note image,  the thumbnail will take from weeks to forever to update.  Save the correction to a new note and copy any other content across.