Why can't PDF internal links work when we attach the pdf file in Evernote? Is there a way to make them work?

I use Foxit PDF reader internal links for referring some portion of the pdf to some other page view. Actually I wanted a linkage feature in my notes to link certain text to some specific portion of the note so started using this thing (also like we can copy link to highlighted text in a webpage). 

1 hour ago, Akshay Dadhwal said:

I use Foxit PDF reader internal links for referring some portion of the pdf to some other page view. Actually I wanted a linkage feature in my notes to link certain text to some specific portion of the note so started using this thing (also like we can copy link to highlighted text in a webpage). 

If you have pdfs inline in the note you are limited to the functionality within EN's pdf reader. 

Alternatively, you can double click the grey header or the attachment in attachment view and open it in your default pdf viewer. 

• Level 5
5 hours ago, Akshay Dadhwal said:

I would assume that Evernote simply does not have access to proprietary Foxit functions (if I'm understanding you correctly). The desire for internal note links within Evernote is probably the most-requested feature, going back several years. You can find many threads about it in the forums. Hopefully it will be implemented, hopefully soon; but nobody except Evernote's developers can know for sure.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

On the Mac the standard when choosing „open“ on a pdf attachment is that it opens in the Macs Preview app. Belying it’s name, it is quite powerful to annotate and otherwise manipulate content like pictures and pdfs. Once I hit „close (window)“, it closes in Preview, and automatically saves the changes back to the original attachment in its resting place in the note.

I think when another app would be set as standard for opening pdfs (like PDF Expert, that allows to really edit the pdf, not only to annotate it) the „Open“ command would switch to that app.