Attachments won't load

Dave Andrade

Idea

8 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, Dave Andrade said:

Newest Web version - go to add and attachment or photo, it says loading, and then nothing happens. Back to the note but nothing was attached. Any idea? 

I tried this, attachment loaded but when I tried to see it in Desktop nothing shows in the Notes but the thumbnail in the card on he left column is identical to the attachment I tried uploading.

• Level 5

We should not say „newest version“, since we get new updates rapidly.

So I tried, Web 1.0.41.5 on my iPad, Safari.

I can confirm that all attempts to add a photo or file added with a red error message telling the attachment could not be created.

I can NOT confirm that a thumbnail with the failed attachment was added to the card view. My test note (created just for that test, it had no thumbnail before) stayed white in card view.

Conclusion: The whole upload failed, as the error message said. I issued a support ticket.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Just tried it in Web v 10.41.5 (web 315; Editor: v152.1.18758; Service: v1.55.2) on a Dell Windows 10 laptop. I created a new note, then attached a photo, and it worked fine, with the photo showing properly in the note and in the thumbnail. Tried it again using New > Attachment, again with success. Both notes displayed properly in the Windows desktop program and the (outdated v. 8) Android app. So it seems fixed. Or I'm just lucky.

• Level 5

OK guys, I have some news for you, at least concerning my own use of the web client.

My problem did only happen on my iPad, not on my Mac. All the latest OS version, the web client had updated itself on all devices to 10.41.5.

On the iPad I got the red alert that content could not be added, on the Mac (as well with Safari) not.

I found out that on the iPad I had the browser extension Firefox Klar installed (it is called like this in Germany only, for some legal reason, it is Firefox something in ROW). It is an internet security extension for browsers. I toggle it ON - the upload fails. I leave it installed, but toggle it OFF - the upload works.

So anybody observing the same may check for internet security / privacy extensions. They can stop the attachment of content to a note on the web client, by treating the attaching of local content as a malicious action "stealing" stuff from the local computer. Weird !

• Like 1

I have started facing this problem today and till now I have been able to understand that it is limited to windows app. I signed out from that. It's the new version that is causing problem, I just downloaded that and now this. Images are being saved in 'failed upload' folder, never faced this issue before. 

• Level 5

From what you describe, this seems pretty unrelated to the topics have discussed here. In our case the attachments did not load at all.

It would be better to start your own thread, instead of adding to this one. Maybe better describe what you are doing, and your OS and client versions. „New“ with relation to EN is true for roughly 2-3 weeks.

BTW the problem discussed here was at least in my case caused by anti tracking software, not by an EN flaw.