Disable tooltips for hyperlinks

I find the tooltips on hyperlinks to be very distracting, is there a way to disable these?

It makes things very awkward when I have a list of links, as the popups just get in the way of what I'm trying to click.

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 14.39.47.png

• Like 2
  • Level 5

These are no tool tips - these are active functions, offered to you when hovering over a link, to make using link functions easier and more intuitive. It is a feature, not a bug.

And no, as most features it can't be disabled.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
26 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

These are no tool tips - these are active functions, offered to you when hovering over a link, to make using link functions easier and more intuitive. It is a feature, not a bug.

And no, as most features it can't be disabled.

Thanks for clarifying... personally I just find them really unecessary and found it easier working with links before this feature was incorporated, but maybe thats just me

59 minutes ago, mattpuol said:

It makes things very awkward when I have a list of links, as the popups just get in the way of what I'm trying to click.

I agree. I have just about trained my brain to move the mouse of a link, so that the box disappears, before I roll over the next link. There is nothing in the box that can't be accessed by clicking or right clicking the link so I don't really see it as an essential feature.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The question is whether the app is designed for the average power user, full of "where is what" Know how and keyboard shortcuts engrained into muscle memory - or just for the average power user, who is happy with getting some base functions right under his mouse pointer.

Personal preferences are hard to emulate.

16 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The question is whether the app is designed for the average power user, full of "where is what" Know how and keyboard shortcuts engrained into muscle memory - or just for the average power user, who is happy with getting some base functions right under his mouse pointer.

Personal preferences are hard to emulate.

All that is really needed is the ability to turn the feature on or off depending on preference.

I just find that the popups pretty much always appear on the links that I'm not trying to click (when I have a list of them). I then have to move my cursor all the way to the side to get it to disappear, then move my cursor carefully back to the link that I do want to click.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert
47 minutes ago, mttpl said:

All that is really needed is the ability to turn the feature on or off depending on preference.

A fair request. As with all these ideas send it to support via a ticket to get the idea added to the list.

• Like 1