Mac App Store vs Evernote

All

On a MAC,If you wish to update to new version I suggest you download from Evernote website not App Store.

Downloaded from Apple and it would NOT display PDFS.

Deleted and then downloaded from Evernote site all ok.

Save yourself a load of grief and avoid App Store version. It seems to be broken.

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, RobertJLee said:

Save yourself a load of grief and avoid App Store version. It seems to be broken.

The App Store tend to lag behind with updates since they have their own processes to verify and approve the content.   Evernote always have the latest version.

• Level 5

There is more to the AppStore vs. direct download issue on a Mac.

The AppStore versions always execute in a sandbox. It is the same code, but MacOS is running it in a restricted mode. This means access to OS functions (like sharing, printing etc.) can refuse to work, or have reduced functionality. Some can be healed by system settings, in some aspects this didn’t work.

To avoid surprising deficiencies, I always run the direct download. On installing it will ask whether I trust it - from then it will run with less restrictions than the same version from the AppStore.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, gazumped said:

The App Store tend to lag behind with updates since they have their own processes to verify and approve the content.   Evernote always have the latest version.

The opposite is true. Updates of the Evernote app are always shown first on the update page in the app store. Over the last months I checked manually for updates in the direct download version of Evernote when I see a new update of Evernote in the app store and NEVER was an update shown in the direct download version. So if you want to be aware of the newest update of the mac version, refresh the update page in the app store at least once a day.

8 hours ago, RobertJLee said:

All

On a MAC,If you wish to update to new version I suggest you download from Evernote website not App Store.

Downloaded from Apple and it would NOT display PDFS.

Deleted and then downloaded from Evernote site all ok.

No problems with PDFs at all for me with the app store version of 10.40.9. In fact they finally brought the settings icon (gear) to the app store version.

3 hours ago, RobertJLee said:

image.thumb.png.c64af9b4371044cc73aab3aa59ed7ea0.png

Just tried again out of curiosity..same NO attachments display including for excel etc. MacBook Air .

And still no such problems for me. Did you try uninstalling the app store version and reinstalling it again?

• Level 5

+1 for a complete reinstall, if for whatever reason it must be the AppStore version.

I am not sure if everything is removed when uninstalling the AppStore version with MacOS tools. With the direct download it is not. To run a really complete uninstall I use the app AppCleaner, and make sure all elements are ticked.

Then a restart, and the reinstall. After installing go through system settings, Security, tab Privacy. Go through every step and make sure any EN position is selected.

Important for the function is full disk access and screen recording, among others.