What's ACTUALLY new in v10.39?

The 10.39.6 release notes by @gbarry say the following:

New to Evernote for Mac 10.39

• You can now drag and drop notes from the note list into a note to create a note link to the dragged note.
  • Dragging and dropping notes to create note links also works when selecting multiple notes at once. The pasted list of note links follows your click order, and can be added to bulleted or numbered lists to quickly create a table of contents.

What's actually new here? This functionality existed in previous versions, at least to some extent. I tested this in v10.38 prior to upgrading to 10.39, and I can't detect a difference in functionality. This "feature" has been listed in the "Coming Soon" tab for so long that I was expecting something marvelous, such as two-way linking or linking directly from within the editor just by typing "[[" or a similar command (a la Obsidian, Roam Research, Amplenote, Bear, and many other competing programs.)

Also, the release notes still lists this in the "Coming Soon" tab!

Coming Soon 📣

- Need to link to one note from another? Drag it from the note list into the editor and Evernote will automatically create a link for you.

The only new functionality that I can actually detect in this latest release is the highlight text and paste link command listed in the release notes as follows:

• Instead of typing Ctrl + K or Cmd + K or hitting the “insert” button to add links into notes with text, you can now copy a URL, highlight some text, and paste it.  

And this is a small but marvelous improvement for v10.39. This is the kind of small but impactful quality of life change that made legacy Evernote so delightful to use back in the day. More of these types of quality of life improvements, pretty please!

• Level 5

The release probably was rushed, because of that „data loss on editing“ bug that was reported in the forum by a number of users.

I think the editorial team was sort of bypassed. For me the main new feature is the improved linking - although I have not really tested it yet.

And if that editing bug got squeezed, all the better.

• Like 1