color code notebook stacks

Beatrice Aldarondo

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5

This is as far as you can design it with the current version. If you just want colors, there may be a chance for a color brick or bubble somehow. What you see are emoji characters, inserted into the name of the notebooks.

image.png.da201c1f86d71a6a3ef539cf209adebc.png

• Level 5

On a Mac it is super easy, on Windows probably as well, but I don’t know the tools as good.

You need a small virtual keyboard that includes an emoji library. Emojis are Unicode characters. Principally not different from the alphabet, but pictures instead of letters.

Write a notebook name, copy the Emoji from the virtual keyboard, and insert it at the proper position into the notebook name.

The icons look slightly different on Windows or Android (I think they look nicer on a Mac, and exactly the same on iOS).

@PinkElephant:

it works for tags, as well, I inserted some emojis using the IOS keyboard. My tags now begin with (slightly exotic) emojis and on the Evernote web it is not clear to me how to search for them. Is there some mapping table available to translate the emojis into characters so that they are searchable and can be selected?

1 minute ago, ghon said:

Is there some mapping table available to translate the emojis into characters so that they are searchable and can be selected?

If you are on a Mac, you can press Ctrl-Cmd-Space to bring up a list of Emojis: 

image.png.ec371d07d52f39765c5a2a2c7f3fe6e2.png

If you are on Windows, then you probably want to make your own mapping table as the emojis look slightly different from iOS to Windows. You could create a note called 'Tags' and put all your tags in there. Then when you want to copy one, go to the 'Tags' note and copy it.